CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Losing Power Up Top, HELP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An excelent thaught Hawk. Sounds like a opertunity for some of the aftermarket parts guys that post on this forum, I would buy one in a heart beat.

Old 12-17-2001, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Me too! I cross water occasionally myself. We need a new stronger tube!

Old 12-17-2001, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

hey knutz, i stuffed my intake tube with about a 1 1/2" of 2 1/4" piece of pvc. i was just wondering if you have tried this or similar option on the dyno.

Old 12-17-2001, 06:25 PM
Range Rover

thought marky took a break, make up your mind.

Old 12-17-2001, 07:17 PM
Range Rover

LMAO. You guys are too dang funny.

Old 12-17-2001, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Fiberglass would crack to pieces in this aplication, singles vibrate too much.

The tube inside would keep it from collapseing, but it would make it even smaller, and it's too small already.

I've talked with a company about one solution, and understand that another company is working a different answer.

Old 12-17-2001, 09:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Welcome back marky.now roosting frist i don't live in texas so jetting your on your own but it dosen't sound like a jet problem.maybe air tube but not jets.have you tried going to your local hardware store and purchsing a spring to fit inside your air tube to keep it from collapsing we found a tube to fit just perfect and that solved our intake problems. also hows your gearing compared to your ridding duddies not to be smartass but there is a rear sprocket to considerd here the best thing you can do is find a good shop in your area and consult with them and take everthing with a grain of salt hope the spring trick helps have a good one.

Old 12-17-2001, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]we normally run the same gearing, we both have 15,16,17t countersprockets,never really screw with rear sprockets,i kind of have the same feeling now, i dont think its a jetting factor, but personally i dont think it could be the filter neither,not to dispute what knutz said but could a little restriction iin air flow make a 20 to 25 ft difference at the end of the track, we even switch quads and my quad still gets beat. hell i dont know anymore im really getting kind of pissed at the whole damn situation. but i guessed its part of the game. Still looking for options guys!@#^#&

Old 12-17-2001, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

( HE HE HE!!!!)that was a funny one Mark!

Old 12-17-2001, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

REoostin, Option # 1 RAPTOR.....LOL.

There is something to check on that air tube, It can make a difference. The one thing that kind of offsets that is if it is colapsing then you would think that your plug would show a rich condition with the 210 you had in it if you pulled it at the end of a run. You need to shut down the motor at the end of a run at the high speed with the clutch pulled in and coast to a stop and check your plug to see what is going on at the top end. Your engine sounded too strong to have something bad going on so it can be something simple like air flow. When was the last time you cleaned your filter? Just a thought, I would think you keep it clean. The other question I have is, was this condition the same before you changed your plugs? if not??? I have had new plugs be bad right from the box. I recall you saying that you had change them and it seemed slower. I was not kidding when I told you to put them back in but I did not push it. Just trying to help you get going before next weekend. Hurycne is carrying the load. The first weekend you were beating him if I recall correctly.

Quick Reply: Losing Power Up Top, HELP!!!!!!!