CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone from Florida going to 4SW?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 08:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone from Florida going to 4SW?

dude where are you getting all these parts i have the rad axel they told me they would only make 1 axel for the ds. And that was a stock width super hd axel and that was it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]And i payed consultants to find all the info they could on the rotax motor to find a new source on after maket parts??they found nothing like your describing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]And a 797 is a small ds these day's yep were in the mid 800s now!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and jeffs ds is ugly we just tell him its pretty because jeff has a fragile ego and we don't want to hurt his feelings[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but just the same ship her on down!!!and lets let the good times roll [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2002, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer

I've read that they are getting bigger than mine, but my goal was not to biuld the biggest displacement I could. Although at the time it was the biggest displacement I'd heard of.

My goal was to build a power band that was wide enough to drive a truck through and make it strong enough that the cases would bust befor anything else does. A billet steel crank and titanium rod help with that. The rod could have been stronger, but I wanted it light enough to survive stratispheric RPM. I surpass stock HP levels at just under 1400RPM and shift, with the assistance of a shift, light at 13,700RPM.

While in Law School, I had a few friends working on engineering degrees at the neighboring university. What started out as talking over a few beers became a play around project. When we came up with a new part design, we took the program to a CNC shop about 60-70 miles away and had them machine it for us. One thing led to another, and it got out of control.

Ironicly, only one of those friend ever rode it, and that was only about a two minute ride. After he crashed it, the other two were afraid to touch it.

If Jeff's is ugly, he is working some trick photography, or mine would just be considered hidious.

Old 12-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

WOW! IS ALL I CAN SAY!!!!! Man you got a freaking rocket.

Dude, get us some pics!! and times when you can. No one blames you for not giving away all your secrets. But we have some pretty hairy DS's here in the state's Scooby,Jeff,AZsand,DSmike. And I would be really cool to see another.

Next time you are in the USA, let it be known and maybe thier can be a small DS gathering in say OKLAHOMA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] we have Dunes, 100yd Sanddrags,and asphault 1/8 mile drags. We can arrange a Few FAST DS's for ya[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Let see:: EFI methonal Turbo DS, or maybe a full race 760 on methonal(maybe nitrous to boot),and a few more fast guys aswell. Hell we'll even throw in a few Fast Rappy's for Lunch!!LOL.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 12-23-2002, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

Like I said befor, it's not a matter of secrets. I'll tell you pretty much anything you want to know. I just don't want to throw performance numbers out there that I can't back up. If I could get the bike to California, I would be happy to share all the numbers I have after people saw what it can do.

My bike is in the states also, just like most others, it's just me that is over here.

I'm sure you guys have some fast bikes as well, but from what I can tell, my bike should do OK if it's able and allowed to compete in your get together.

By the way, Mr Sand, the axles are for a Honda, due to the honda bearing carrier in the custom swing arms. My brother had them fitted while I was in Europe{happy birthday to me}, and I know he had a hard time because the sprocket and rotor were on the wrong sides. He had two of a kind sprocket and rotor "hubs" made to fit them. He also had to have custom billet hubs made to fit the Bombardier wheel bolt pattern. My friends designed an adapter to fit 8" Honda pattern wheels if needed, but I haven't had the need yet.

Old 12-23-2002, 10:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

why did you not just run honda rims??? it would be much more cost effective and rad makes the hubs ??thats what i run is honda pattern![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2002, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

DAMN!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2002, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

My +6" swing arm was the first one done and it has the Bombardier carrier and axle. I wanted all my wheels to fit with all my axles, and it was easiest to just stay with what I had. My wheels and tires were bought to work with the stock and +6" swing arm and axle. Cost was not exactly my primary concern, convienience was. The extra time we spent on the custom hubs made the interchangability much easier.

Old 12-23-2002, 11:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

thats no problem you just switch to honda pattern and go buy another ds to run the ds tires on thats what i did [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2002, 11:19 PM
Trailblazer

Now that my engineering friends have graduated and gone to work, I could never justify spending the money it would take to duplicate this motor, and anything less would just bore me. I figure that I'm stuck with this bike till I die, or doomed to boredom.

I guess I should look them up and see if they still have the programs in case I ever need to repair or re-build.

We were 3 sheets to the wind one night and figured it wasn't worth it to design parts in our condition. Instead we decided to figure out what this motor would cost if I hired an engineering firm to design and prototype everything. {aren't we the party animals?} When all was said and done, the total was over $100,000. I don't remember the exact figure, but then again I don't remember much from that night. To think, it all started because I looked at a piston and thought, "I wonder what it would take to stick this in my motor".

Old 12-26-2002, 06:17 PM
Trailblazer

I thought I would bring this thread back to the front, since my statements in here seem to be so increadably boastfull that I'm considered an a$$hole, liar, and not real.

Although I never did find someone to haul the bike for me, I wouldn't want to put a friend of mine through the abuse he would surely take if he showed up with it anyway. Just remember, I wanted it to be there, and did what I could to get it there, right from the word go. At this point, with the mentality I'm being greated with by the organizers of this event, I wouldn't go if I could do it myself.

A member has asked to hook up and ride with me in Florida when he goes on vacation. I hope that we can do that. Untill he tells the story of that ride, I guess I'll have to keep my mouth shut. From what I am getting, you can't have something nice untill it's been proven to an existing member.

Quick Reply: Anyone from Florida going to 4SW?