CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone from Florida going to 4SW?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone from Florida going to 4SW?

If anyone from Florida is going, would it be possible to piggyback an extra quad with you? I can't make it, but I have a very competative DS that I would love to see go. I have friends in Las Vegas and SoCal that would race it for me, but I really don't have a way to get it to them and get it back.

I have been reading about it for some time, and heard all the claims. I'm not going to make any claims, but I'm sure it would do rather well in the Open class. I never really thought about competing at 4SW, and am not about to make any extrordinary effort to do it, but if it can easily be done, I would love to hear how my bike does against this KR guy. I can see that he would never leave Glamis to face anyone, so 4SW would be the only time to face him, even if I can't make it in person. In my opinion, he seems rather arrogant, and in one morning, he has grown my distain for him to the point that I would enjoy hearing about his defeat to my bike.

Old 12-23-2002, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

wat do you have done to your bike?

Old 12-23-2002, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer

I'm sure KR would claim that I'm stretching the limits of the OEM motor rule, but the cases are mostly stock. The tranny is stock also, aside from being undercut and frozen. I really don't want to say too much. It's not that I'm affraid of someone finding out, lots of people have seen it. I'm just not sure people would believe it. If I can get it to 4SW, there will be no hiding what's been done. It's increadably obvious. I will say that it makes power all the way up to 12,850 RPM, and then starts dropping off.

Old 12-23-2002, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer

Well, what do you think Mr. Sand?

The cases are stock, for the most part, as well as the transmision. Most everything else is custom. Does it qualify as OEM, or must I have the original cylinder and head? Is the original crank required? It bolts in the chassis just as the stock motor did, but the upper mount that went to the head is no longer used. Please let me know befor I go through the trouble of trying to get it out there. If I can't get it entered, I don't want to waste anyones trailer space.

Old 12-23-2002, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

If you're leaving from TAEGU, KOREA with this thing and actually make it here by 4sw, we'll create a class for you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2002, 01:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

if the cases are stock sends it down if you can't get somone too run it i will. Alls i care about is running as fast as i can up the hill .And that a ds takes the gold!!!! i have a rider avali. too @ aprox 130 lbs hes a ringer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] come on wee cann dooo it!!!!

Old 12-23-2002, 03:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'll run that SOB for ya!!!!!

I am the worlds biggest jockey!!LOL 6'3 265lb[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Trending Topics

Old 12-23-2002, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the offers to ride it, but I'm sure I can cover that part easily. With the terrain it's going over, I really wouldn't feel comfortable letting someone I don't know race it. I know that I won't be leaving here any time soon, so I couldn't make it myself, but it would be funny to read about how my bike does. I wouldn't mind getting a picture of two posted on the web either. I never took any myself, and once you guys saw it, I'm sure the cameras would be clicking.

So, is anyone from that neck of the woods going? You don't even have to haul it back, I can have my friend ship it back. I'll help with a portion of gas money, if that helps.

Old 12-23-2002, 04:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

wickedDS,

I don't think anyone from FL is going to make the trip.(sorry dude)

But have you ever raced your DS?? any time slips??100yds, 1/8 mile??? can you give us anything on how "competitive" your DS is?

The more "Fast " DS's the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 12-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

It's about 797CC's, and most all of the top end {along with the crank}is one-off parts. The piston is actually from an entirely different aplication, and is what the rest of the motor is built around. The exhaust is custom bent, but flows into a Big Gun canister.

I've got three swing arms to run on it, +12", +9", and +6". The +12" is aluminum and would never hold up to anything but completely flat sand, dirt, or asphalt. I keep RAD titanium axles in the +9" and +12". A Durablue in the +6". I've never gotten around to getting a wheely bar made. I think it's more fun without it anyway.

I use 22" Holeshots in the dirt. I've actually taken it out on a friends MX track a few times. Hoosier 22" oval track tires at the drag strip. 25"-12 paddle Taller Haulers for sand.

It's not near as pretty as that Jeffrivercity guys DS is{At least judging by his pictures} but it isn't exactly ugly. It's got a candy blue frame and springs, with black plastic and A-arms. A shop in Florida did my seat in blue and black to match.

I really don't feel good about making claims on it's performance. I don't have any way to back up my numbers untill I get back, or untill I can get it to Glamis for your little get together. I will say that I've been reading the forum for a while and I haven't read about anything that has me concerned. I'll also say that the first time I got it on the dyno, it said 53 HP, so I know exactly what that Jeff guy feels like. I've gotten it on different dyno's a few times since then, and gotten much better results, but none of them completely acurate.

If I can get it to Glamis, I'll send some of the charts with it. If not, I'll dig them out next time I roll through the states.

I'm not trying to keep any secrets. I have nothing to gain or lose by telling everyone what I've done. I'm sure a couple of you could, but most could not afford to duplicate what I've done. I've just seen to many people post performance that wasn't that impressive, and be called a liar when they didn't come to someone elses track to prove it.

Quick Reply: Anyone from Florida going to 4SW?