CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Quest 650 XT First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 11:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quest 650 XT First Impressions

Wow you must be talking Canadian dollars? I paid $6900 US with the center bag for the Quest XT, the reqular Quest was $6200 and Prairie was $6500. I don't think any of the utility machines out there will have the snap of a dirt bike. My last dirt bike was a KX420 and if I remember right I think it weighted around 220lbs and had 55hp at the wheel. The Quest has 43Hp and weights close to 800lbs, and it is just too heavy to throw around on the trails like a dirt bike. Its got enough power and will climb a tree if your not careful but its nowhere near a dirt bike. Off road I prefer to have power and traction rather than speed, and thats where I think the Quest shines. I actually saw a guy sliding the Prairie through turns and was impressed but he was in two wheel drive. With the Quest that is hard because the machine has just so much traction with the Visco-lok always in 4x4. I can slide the Quest some on a snowy muddy trail and it is fun, but not like a Prairie. I live in the Catskill Moutains and the terrain is hilly and heavily wooded. I have been riding in the snow alot and would love to be able to do some donuts but its actually hard with four wheel drive always engaged, you need a lot of area and the trails here are tight. I think it would also be fun to see how far you can go in two wheel drive then engage four wheel drive when you get stuck. Anyway I have more fun just crawling over rocks and putting up a steep snowy fire trails where nobody else has yet traversed and going to remote places, the Quest will get you there comfortably. But I also need to be able to work with this machine and for that I think it is more suited than a Prairie.

Old 12-31-2002, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

I know that no 4by's will match the power of a dirt bike, but i want to have all the power i can get. Yes those prices are canadian, so be thankfull the american dollar is worth more!!!! But if you are telling me that the retail price of a p650 is more than a standard (not XT) quest than the quest should be the same price as a sp600. but this is hard to say, a sp700 goes for $9000 (the best deal ever!) and a kodiak 450 at the local dealer is 9500!!! go figure! I E-mailed the local Bomb dealer on the prices of the 650 and 500 quests, hope they write back soon!

Old 08-17-2003, 07:02 PM
ox
Pro Rider

I have searched aboot everything that this forum has to offer on the Quest 650 and still have some Q's.

A) Gas milage?

B) Balance?

Gas milage is very important to me doo too remote riding areas. Fella I talked to this weekend thinks that he may get up to 30 with his, but hasn't really checked it. Anyone?

I don't want a Magnum/XPedition doo to the extreemly heavey front ends on these. Very good for climbing hills, but they steer heavy and like to dive hard in rough conditions. And once driving down into a shallow crick crossing where the bridge was washed out was a tad scary! I thought that the rear might be the front quickly. If I ever doo that with those machines again I think I will BACK it down the bank. LOL! I am guessing that the Sportsman would be much better balanced?

However, I don't want a machine that is too light in the front either. I have had to climb some hills with a chumms little Timberwolf and you had to be carefull that the front didn't come over on you. Carried the front end way too much near the top! A lot more than my (then) Warrior. (Warrior is a perfectly balanced machine!)

So I am looking for something more balnced then either of these machines. Doo to the placement of the motor on this machine I was wondering if the front is too light?

I don't care for the looks as such, and am not concerned aboot the stepthrough mumbo jumbo, but access to service the machine is dandy on these it seems!

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Old 08-17-2003, 10:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi
for the balance traxter and quest are very good i have my traxter for tree years now and i work and ride it almost every day and my freinds call the crazy guy because i go trew any mud, hill, trees every thing thath its in my path. i had 2 accident with my traxter and first time i ran in a truck (25mph) ibent the bumber and that was it and second in a fents post not evean a scracht. for donuts yes it capable of it turn the handle and press on the gas and let it go. i put a 1 1/2" lifkit with 27" gator its asome. i had problem with my dash one time the milage reset by it self(i dont realy mind [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) its prety mush all have to sey it an asome work/fun bike

Old 08-18-2003, 11:28 PM
ox
Pro Rider

TTT

Gas milage?

Anyone else have an opinion aboot the balance of the Quest?

Old 08-20-2003, 11:28 PM
ox
Pro Rider

Is this a DS only board?

Old 08-20-2003, 11:39 PM
Range Rover

Truly, this is probably the best site on the web for DS information. There aren't as many utility riders here, but there are a few of us around. There are several other ATV forums on the net that also offer information on Bombardier products.

As for your questions, two of the best features of the Quest are its stability (unmatched in the industry) and its gas milage. Depending on the terrain, I can get anywhere from 100-130 on a take of gas. The Rotax engine is very efficient and coupled with the large gas tank, everyone else will run out of gas long before you do.

Cheers,