CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Has this ever happened to anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has this ever happened to anybody?

I brought my quad to the dealer for a new top end... thats all.... the other day they called me saying I need a new clutch because its slipping bad and the plates are all worn out and worpped. So I told them not put a new clutch in because I knew something was up because my clutch was fine before I brought it there. So i get it home and fix my clutch brace or whatever it is and its still slipping real bad and I couldn't get it out of first at all..... so my friends dad who is mechanic looks at it and he said that they probably broke something to make me pay more money (they told me a new clutch with labor to install was close to $600). So we adjust the clutch cable and much as we can and its still slipping so I drive up the road to my house to get gas because my tank was dry and come back and the little arm that the clutch cable connects too had no tension at all it was just moving around freely. So my friends dad looked at it for about five mintues and comes up to me and says its fixed. He said he reconnected the shaft or something back into the groove it was supposed to be and he said that they disconnected it figuring that I would pay more to get my quad back.... so I rode my quad all day without one problem with the clutch... Has anyone else had thier dealer try to screw them over or atleast tried to screw them over like they tried to do to me.

From now on I am going to get a manual and start learning how to work on this stuff myself.... all I need right now is the right tools!!!

Old 04-17-2003, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Another thing if you live by the jersey shore don't go Toms River Kawasaki..... They are the ones that tried to screw me over and I am going to report them to the Better Business Buero(spelling?)Last time I brought it there they broke a fender but I didn't care too much because I was planning on taking them off anyways but this time they got me pissed and I would hate to see them rip another person off like they tried to do to me..... And this is the only place around here that works on bombardier every other shop told me that they won't touch them.

Old 04-17-2003, 12:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider

do like you said buy a manual, and work on it yourself there are people on here that can tell you what you don't know or understand. sears for the tools sockets and wrenchs are the basics that you will need. and to help with what they were going to charge you i just replaced the friction plates in my clutch they were a $100 that was with shipping. it took about a hour to do the job. well the ds is very easy to work on you should see some of the stuff our raptor buddies have to do it is sick. they have a nightmare to rejet.

Old 04-17-2003, 12:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

bomb 2000, im not from Jersey, but that $600 figure is a joke!!! $160 is what you should be around installed..thats for the barnett with heavy duty springs.. i say an eye fir an eye with that dealership.. go all the way and get them one way or another!!!!!

Old 04-17-2003, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone that whats a manual on cd I'll sell one for $5 pm me with onfo.

Old 04-17-2003, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

I asked about the clutch not too long ago and people told me about 200 I think. so when he said 625 I said your out of your mind.... and its one thing if I did need a clutch but I didn't even need a clutch so he was trying to over charge me for a part that I had no use for and he broke my quad which makes me very angry... Im a good customer I always pay up when Im supposed to I always do business with them(they are the only shop that will work or order parts for my quad) and the kid that worked there seemed cool he is about 19 so hes only two years older then me but when he told me that my clutch was bad and my friends dad fixed it in about 5 minutes I wanted to go back up to the shop and break his leg....Im not a violent person but some things are just not right especially if you were always a good customer.

Old 04-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Trending Topics

Old 04-17-2003, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

take them to small claims court and sue them. $600 is a CRIME!!! get your money back!!!! It is illegal to take advantage of people like that.

Old 04-17-2003, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

I never payed for the clutch so he never ordered it. All I payed for was the work I brought the quad there for.

Old 04-17-2003, 01:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

clutch baskets are expensive - $200 will pay for all the disks and springs, but not come close to the basket. maybe they're just very stupid, like most dealers I've encountered, and assumed they needed to replace it and came up with the worst case scenario price because they are idiots.
problem here is no control on the part of manufacturers - they let any dealership claim to be a service shop, when in reality the training they provide their dealers is a joke. they all need price quote books to work off of, like auto techs - so they can only charge you what the book says, regardless of how long it takes.

Quick Reply: Has this ever happened to anybody?