Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Competing Priorities for new ATV

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 12:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Competing Priorities for new ATV

I am looking for input from those experienced with ATVs on fitting the right unit to my application.

I would have never considered buying an ATV until needing a pit vehicle to maneuver a Jr. Dragster at the races. Upon looking through many brands, I have found the Yamoto line to be appealing and affordable.

The rationale over chosing an ATV over something like a golf cart is that the ATV can be an ATV and provide fun for the kids to ride around the yard.

I am 6'2" about 200lbs, and my oldest son is 8 and about 65lbs and I have another that is soon to be 5. I seemed to fit fine on a Yamaha Raptor 50 and an E-Ton Viper 90 as do they. Is there a Yamoto ATV that will support me and still be safe for my kids to drive? I like the idea of the 70cc for him, but I am concerned that its 180lb rider limit will either bottom out or not have the power to pull both me and a 300-350lb Jr. Dragster short distances. However, the 110cc is tempting in that it throttle limited for him.

If we do decide to go trail riding, the 110 is way over his age limit according to the guidelines. However, logic says that

While I should buy the KMZ150 for the racks, I hate to say, form is weighing heavily over function. The KMZ150 seems to be too utilitarian to have spirited fun around the yard on in the snow and too big for the kids to ride.

Thanks for any insight.