Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Watch out for County Motorsports AKA Countyimports.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch out for County Motorsports AKA Countyimports.com

Yes come to think of it, I have read that thread before. This seems to be a trend.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Have you made any headway getting your purchase cancelled?

Old 01-09-2007, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

The Redcat MPX150 is not discontinued. Its just out of stock (for dealers too). Don't know how they made up that story. This is another problem of dropshippers. They take your order, take your money, and then try to order from the distributor. During the busy times of the year, items out of stock is not uncommon.

Go to a dealer who has one in stock, assembled, and has parts and service to protect your purchase.

(yes, I am a dealer).

Old 01-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

They didnt say they were discontinued, but that they could only be shipped to dealers, not customers. Therefore they say they it is not available. I was told this is due to them being bought out and the rules have changed. Hard to believe that Redcat would cut out as large chunk of their business by not allowing shipping to anyone but dealers. If you are a dealer, maybe you know something about this?
Thanks

Old 01-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

I can't speak for Redcat, but I suspect the managements of Tank/Redcat are talking about it, but I have seen nothing official. With the merge, they will have 500+ dealers. That should cover a lot of area. Look for good things coming from this merger in the future. Not the least of which is a large public company with their own factories and distribution warehouses and dealerships around the US.

My comments about dropshippers apply to all of them, and yes I'm biased but in my opinion dropshipping is a quick way to bring down your brand (that's why you don't see Honda, Polaris, etc doing it). Yea, its volume, but that's about it. With that volume, comes a lot of unhappy customers. I know, I get calls every week. There are of course exceptions, and since this is Raceway's forum, I'll start with them. However, its important to point out that they also have a dealership and build these bikes everyday. They know the bugs and fixes. They have parts. They have a service department, etc, etc. Fact is 99% of dropshippers are a desk and an internet connection. Some even try to do their own importing - even worse. The hundreds of fly-by-night distributors are driving down prices. When you drive down the price, you are driving down the quality, removing the service, product features, parts availability, and on and on. Simple economics.

People are quick to make judgements on this forum about Japan vs China, and with some merit. Mostly, it's what happening in the US that's having the greatest impact on customer satisfaction.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I just want to discuss County Imports. They run a good business and get really busy at the holidays. Give them some time, they will respond. They made good on every promise. As far as drop shipping, I saved enough money on my kid's ATVs to go to Disneyland. I'm tired of being overcharged, especially for kids ATV's which will last a few years before they outgrow them, so that some Honda or Yamaha President can sit on a yacht someplace while I work my butt off to enjoy simple pleasures like quadding on the dunes. 2 Honda 90's = $5000.00. Hensim 110 and 125 = $1600.00 total. Go figure. Try and tell me the name brand products never break.