Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jetmoto 150 making strange noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 150 making strange noise

outofline, I get an error message on your video. Says it's private ?!?!?

Old 10-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

Fixed it, didn't know you had to make it public!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Trailblazer

windtrader,

I put the 150 up on blocks and spun the tires and got it to make a sound close to yours. So I would guess that this is the problem!!

So what was involved in fixing this? Did you get the parts from Raceway?

(This is the first atv I've owned, so I'm not very fimiliar with them) Sorry[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Thanks

Old 10-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

If you got it from Raceway recently it is under warranty. They can advise you how best to get you back in the dirt. They'll likely help you isolate the problem and advise you on next steps.

I'm less than 30 minutes from Jetmoto HQ so I have rung them up and dropped in to get parts. It was one of the deciding factors when I chose them. I can break down and be going the next day. Hard to beat even from Big 4 quads.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all your help windtrader! I'll be contacting Raceway tonight.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Trailblazer

For some clarity on the axle nuts-

There are 2 large nuts on the rear left side of the axle right next to eachother. One was tight closest to the tire and the other was loose. Should the one that is loose be tightened towards the axle carrier or tightened against the other nut. I would imagine towards the carrier, and when it's tightened towards the carrier, this is what causes the bushings to be crushed?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer

Does anyone know which way these nuts should be tightened?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

@wings36,

Make sure you get n direct contact with Raceway on how to proceed. Meanwhile, it seems you have the same problem as I did and others. These nuts should be VERY tight. If either are loose, you have a problem, although not necessary directly creating the bad bearing issue. What you need to do is to crank the inner nut down hard, I believe clockwise if you are facing from the side the nuts are on. There is a spacer sleeve that maintains the proper distance between the axle bearings and keeps them from crushing. If the spacer is too short, like in my case, then the bearing got crushed and loosened up the nuts. Yours may have been tightened as shipped but if the spacer was short, then undue pressure was put on the bearings which cause the failure and the loosening of the axle and nuts.

If I were you I would tighten the nuts down as hard as I could and see what happens. If the sleeve is the right one, your axle will be tightened up as it should be. If the sound gets worse, then you know you have a bad spacer.

Good luck and don't worry - your problem will get fixed.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks windtrader,

I tightened the inner nut clockwise until it was very tight. This made the sound way worse and sounded exactly like yours. It also made the wheels harder to turn. There is now a gap between the 2 nuts. I would imagine this gap should not be there!?!?!?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I'm waiting on a call back from Raceway. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!

Old 10-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

If I were you I would tighten the nuts down as hard as I could and see what happens. If the sleeve is the right one, your axle will be tightened up as it should be.

i see you never taken a class in torque, you do not want to tighten the nuts down as hard as you can, if you do you will stretch the treads on the nuts causing premature nut failure, their is a torque valve for each and every nut and bolt on your atv , if the manual does not call out a specific torque valve for that particular nut or bolt there should be a torque value table that shows what the torque valve is for that size bolt or nut. this is very important you do not want to over torque, i can't tell you what the torque valve on your axle nuts are but what i would do is loosen them up then apply blue or red loc tite and retighten them making sure they are tight but not over torque

Quick Reply: Jetmoto 150 making strange noise