ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Chinese Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/chinese-quads/)
-   -   PowerMax 150cc Brake Pads? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/chinese-quads/317742-powermax-150cc-brake-pads.html)

caperinmuskoka 09-04-2009 11:31 PM

PowerMax 150cc Brake Pads?

2 Attachment(s)
Well it's time to replace the rear pads on my daughters PowerMax 150. I got a price of about $40.00 Canadian plus tax and shipping charges for the rear disc pads. Is that a good price and if not does any other part numbers fit....Ex Yamaha, Or any where to order on-line?...Thanks....Caper........

mywifesquad 09-05-2009 09:41 AM

Are those Chinese brake pads? Seems a bit high but maybe because its Canada? I got a few sets with my quads but dont have any left....They seem to wear ok but mine dont get ridden all that hard...Next time I needed a set I was going to take my pads to a Cycle Gear and try to match the pads up to something Japanese...Cycle Gear is a quad and motorcycle accessory dealer here in Ca...

caperinmuskoka 09-05-2009 06:36 PM

What about the Jetmoto 150 .....do you have a place you get parts for Jetmoto?
.........Caper.......

windtrader 09-05-2009 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by caperinmuskoka (Post 2841023)
.........Caper.......

you can always go direct to jetmotousa.com. dmitri is excellent as he deals in JM parts only all day long. VERY fast turnaround, usually parts are on their way in one day.

mywifesquad 09-06-2009 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by caperinmuskoka (Post 2841023)
.........Caper.......

I did have a few sets from my trips to the Jetmoto headquarters over the years...I put my last set in the 150 Yamoto about a year ago...always wondered what they copied so next time I need a set Im going to see what is out there....I figure that a set made by EBC or some other aftermarket company should last forever compared to the Chinese replacements.

windtrader 09-06-2009 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by mywifesquad (Post 2841093)
I figure that a set made by EBC or some other aftermarket company should last forever compared to the Chinese replacements.

When I got the jetmotos my original strategy was to replace the cheap broken chinese parts with OEM quality parts but that seems to be much harder than I thought. There seem to be so many different parts slapped into these things it is hard to know what the exact original chinese part was used much less what OEM part was copied.

Have you ever thought of starting some sort of database that lists the year and model of the quad and the interchange part number from the chinese part to a OEM part? I know it would be a huge effort for lots of different quads but maybe we could try for at least the last two-three years of Jetmoto quads like 150, 200, 250.

mywifesquad 09-07-2009 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by windtrader (Post 2841235)
When I got the jetmotos my original strategy was to replace the cheap broken chinese parts with OEM quality parts but that seems to be much harder than I thought. There seem to be so many different parts slapped into these things it is hard to know what the exact original chinese part was used much less what OEM part was copied.

Have you ever thought of starting some sort of database that lists the year and model of the quad and the interchange part number from the chinese part to a OEM part? I know it would be a huge effort for lots of different quads but maybe we could try for at least the last two-three years of Jetmoto quads like 150, 200, 250.

One of the plans for Jetmoto was a data base for parts that matched up....There was also plans for a complete shop manual and parts manuals..all in english and very easy to use..That was put on hold for the development of the Jetmoto 350/400... Eugene didnt want to spend the time/money to make the manual when at the time..(18 mos ago) it looked like the 350/400 was going to be here by that Christmas (12/2008).... The plan was to make that new frame design the base for the 250/200/150 and make a set of manuals for all of them...

windtrader 09-07-2009 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by mywifesquad (Post 2841286)
One of the plans for Jetmoto was a data base for parts that matched up....There was also plans for a complete shop manual and parts manuals..all in english and very easy to use..That was put on hold for the development of the Jetmoto 350/400... Eugene didnt want to spend the time/money to make the manual when at the time..(18 mos ago) it looked like the 350/400 was going to be here by that Christmas (12/2008).... The plan was to make that new frame design the base for the 250/200/150 and make a set of manuals for all of them...

Well. That is a fine excuse for Eugene to not provide something, how about something more homegrown starting here? Maybe we can just agree to make a sticky for each make/model then list parts people replace and what interchanges worked. I guess we would need to be year specific as well but nothing too involved to get going. We could start with spark plugs for JM 150 and 200 ! :-)

mywifesquad 09-07-2009 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by windtrader (Post 2841416)
Well. That is a fine excuse for Eugene to not provide something, how about something more homegrown starting here? Maybe we can just agree to make a sticky for each make/model then list parts people replace and what interchanges worked. I guess we would need to be year specific as well but nothing too involved to get going. We could start with spark plugs for JM 150 and 200 ! :-)

I think its a great idea....Plugs are done...brake pads next?

caperinmuskoka 09-07-2009 07:18 PM

Sounds good to me!!..........Caper........