ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Chinese Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/chinese-quads/)
-   -   Falcon 150 broken rear axle (https://atvconnection.com/forums/chinese-quads/323018-falcon-150-broken-rear-axle.html)

submakr 01-25-2010 05:12 PM

Falcon 150 broken rear axle

Does anyone know of an aftermarket replacement rear axle for my Falcon 150? I hate to put another Chinese one on and have it break again.

Thanks

OneTenCC 01-27-2010 12:37 PM

I think a direct replacement is your only option unless fit it with a different carrier, sprocket, brake... The list goes on. :( I know I'd just throw another Chinese one on there if you can get it. I haven't heard of too many broken rear axles, Chinese or otherwise.

Joel

mywifesquad 01-28-2010 08:50 AM

No aftermarket stuff that I know of.. Like OneTenCC says it would take a bit of work to fit something that wasnt a direct replacement.. How did you break your axle?

submakr 01-31-2010 09:44 PM

My son was riding up a small sand dune and turned hard right to spin the back end out and ended up breaking the right hand axle right where the wheel hub splines start. The bike has paddles and I run 10 gram rollers in the CVT. I am thinking that there was too much stress on the axle in the tight turn and the weakest link broke. I am concerned that it will happen again if I put the same OEM axle back in. I don't want to de-tune the bike but I am thinking of increasing the turn radius by modifying the steering shaft stops and decreasing the stress put on whatever axle is on the inside of the turn.

Thanks

OneTenCC 02-01-2010 08:31 AM

Yep, the increased power and less give from the tires due to the paddles will snap it right where you described. It's just pushing the machine beyond it's design limits. There's probably little/no long term durability R&D done on these babies.

Joel

Sawyer 02-01-2010 12:18 PM

If you have it apart and know the specs. etc. you maybe able to swap it out with another chinese manufacture like say Jetmoto or something. I believe on the Jetmoto the axle might be the same on the 250 and 150. AS we all know not everything is the same from China in some cases.

What I'm saying is if you can bolt a 250 axel on there one would think it would be strong enough for the the little 150 to handle.

mywifesquad 02-02-2010 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by submakr (Post 2890574)
My son was riding up a small sand dune and turned hard right to spin the back end out and ended up breaking the right hand axle right where the wheel hub splines start. The bike has paddles and I run 10 gram rollers in the CVT. I am thinking that there was too much stress on the axle in the tight turn and the weakest link broke. I am concerned that it will happen again if I put the same OEM axle back in. I don't want to de-tune the bike but I am thinking of increasing the turn radius by modifying the steering shaft stops and decreasing the stress put on whatever axle is on the inside of the turn.

Thanks

Wow thats really weird..paddles do have a decent amount of grip but only in 1 direction...I wouldnt think a turn in sand would be any worse than a turn in the dirt...or the street for that matter... Id worry about putting the same axle in but overall their hasnt been many reported axle failures and its more than likely the easiest way to get one that fits..