ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Chinese Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/chinese-quads/)
-   -   Baja Wilderness 90 clutch problem (https://atvconnection.com/forums/chinese-quads/363926-baja-wilderness-90-clutch-problem.html)

Jayrh68 05-09-2015 10:27 AM

Baja Wilderness 90 clutch problem

Hi, just recently aquired a 2007 baja wilderness 90 trail. is there any way to adjust the centrifigul clutch on these thing, or at least service/clean or replace it. It has been sitting for over a year, it seems to be slippin. It is revving up fine, just doesn't wanna move.

MPDano 05-09-2015 12:01 PM

I would disassemble and inspect. Could be just oil on the pad and drum areas. As far as I know, only adjusting on these are different springs. But knowing Baja, probably nothing out there except to experiment.

I think the clutches are like $8

Jayrh68 05-09-2015 02:08 PM

I kinda figured I would tear into, maybe just dirty and sticking from sitting. Is the any info on changing those, not real clear on where to access it.

Caper705 04-07-2022 01:56 PM

Where can I buy a primary clutch for my 2006 Baja 90? I've tried everywhere. It's stamped GN 5 on the clutch pads. Please help.

merryman 04-08-2022 02:38 AM

Have you actually tried the importer? Baja Motor Sports | Baja Wilderness 90 Trail Looks like there were two makes sold as the wilderness trail FYM and Hensim, For details click download product documentation there. Failing that, it seems to be another Honda 90 clone so generic clutches for 90 autos may fit.

Caper705 04-08-2022 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by merryman (Post 3465856)
Have you actually tried the importer? Baja Motor Sports | Baja Wilderness 90 Trail Looks like there were two makes sold as the wilderness trail FYM and Hensim, For details click download product documentation there. Failing that, it seems to be another Honda 90 clone so generic clutches for 90 autos may fit.

Thanks Merryman, I will try them today. Ours is the FYM.

Caper705 04-08-2022 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by merryman (Post 3465856)

S, I called Baja Motorsports. They no longer sell the parts for this ATV. :(

merryman 04-10-2022 02:39 AM

Because of the spares supply problems with Chinese ATVs and the fact that many share the same engines, lots of generic Chines spares suppliers have opened up on-line. They don't know each and every make/model. They buy parts for a few makes and, unless it happens to be a make/model listed, it is up to you to decide if they will fit your machine. Often they provide sizes and photos of the part. Finding spares, is why Chinese ATVs are difficult to fix. I suspect the clutch for the auto will be different to the manual shift models, but someone will be selling clutches for autos', or the actual shoes may be the same.