Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Tao tao 150g hard starting

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao tao 150g hard starting

A little help with gy6 150 hard starting. I have good spark. When it does start it is very rough sputtering and as soon as I go to give it gas it stalls. After I do get it started once and it stalls. Very hard to get it started again so I took the spark plug out and it was wet.. any ideas on what to do?

Old 06-02-2016, 09:34 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

More than likely its time for a carb cleaning... Is the choke working properly?

Old 06-08-2016, 07:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Choke is working properly. Carb has been cleaned, went to adjust the valves did the intake went underneath to do the exhaust and BAM no adjuster screw. Hence the ticking I was hearing on the couple brief startups I did. So now trying to find a screw to adjust the exhaust valve. I bought this ATV used and the kid that had it before me I don't think he knew what we was doing which could be scary for me not knowing what he did or didn't do. The carb was off the bike and parts were missing example spacer between carb and intake. Considering its a 2013 and I picked it up for $200 even if I throw a little bit of money at it to get it running again it will still be less than buying a new one.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

So I went ahead and bought a new PZ27 carb. Should be getting it this week. What size of intake gasket does this machine take? because when I bought this ATV the carb was off and there was no gasket in the parts box.

Attached Thumbnails Tao tao 150g hard starting-taotao_ata_150g_atv_yellow_-__15__680.jpg  
Old 06-20-2016, 10:21 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Of memory serves me they use a o ring but i could be wrong.. you should be able to see a recess where the o ring would go. When i do them i also smear a little RTV on the mating surface. A little trick i learned from nitro RC cars. Saves a lot of headaches in the future

Old 06-20-2016, 01:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok so correct me if I am wrong the carb has an Oring which will mate up against the flat surface of the intake spacer and the Oring on the intake spacer will mate up against the flat surface of the intake tube? What is RTV?

Thanks.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:20 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Look at your connecting parts. If you don't see a recess on one side for a O ring then it uses a paper gasket. RTV is automotive silicone oil and gas resistant

Old 06-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok soo installed intake gaskets and the machine now starts and idles... still kind off hard to start, but it does start. I decided to take it for a spin and it bogs out when I go to accelerate. I took the spark plug out after my little ride and the plug is dry and black. Which I believe means it is running rich. Correct me if I am wrong. I have a new carb coming from ebay. I hope that will solve my starting and bogging issues.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok so got my new carb... installed it and bam it started right away, idled really nice. So I decided to take it for a rip... same problem as before bogs out when I give it a shot of gas. Any ideas? or suggestions? Getting frustrated with this machine as I am not sure what the kids has done to it before me and if it was done properly.. So troubleshooting is difficult. The last time I started it the exhaust smells really strong, so I think it is running rich.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Then lean out the mixture screw. Carbs aren't plug and play, you need to adjust them. Plus, depending on your elevation, you might need to re-jet.

Quick Reply: Tao tao 150g hard starting