Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Can someone help me diagnose a 4 wire CDI harness?

Old 03-27-2017, 07:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Can someone help me diagnose a 4 wire CDI harness?

Trying to diagnose a "no spark" problem, and want to test the plug that goes into the CDI. From what I've been able to research, it's a DC, 4 wire setup. I have a voltmeter and know how to use it a bit and can give you the readings if someone tells me what to test.

The quad is a 110cc, Loncin. I believe there is no 12 volts coming into the harness, but need specific instructions how to verify that.

Appreciate all the help.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:31 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Personally iv always found it easier to just order a couple of new cdi's off ebay and swap them out. Iv never been able to get reliable readings testing s cdi

Old 03-28-2017, 08:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I need to know how to test the current coming into the CDI in the 4 pin pigtail. Changing out random parts , guessing, usually leads nowhere, FAST

Old 03-30-2017, 11:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Look up the Honda gy6 information and schematics. These are a clone of those engines. I agree with you, replacing parts to fix an issue is never a good idea. Properly diagnosing the problem before replacement is the only way.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Great news. Since the yellow wire to geound didn't get me 12v DC, I ran a tester wire from the battery + post directly to CDI plug and bam.... I now have spark.