Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

2010 Tao Tao 110D Electrickery

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 06:59 PM
EIF
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Tao Tao 110D Electrickery

Greetings!

New to ATVs, old hat with 70's two-smoke dirtbikes.

Picked up a matching pair of mostly trashed 2010 Tao Tao 110D ATVs. Assembling one good chassis was no problem, but the wiring on this thing is a nightmare.

I have not been able to locate a wiring harness diagram that even whiffs of the birds nests I have.

I bought an aftermarket wiring harness from Fleabay and, knowing the wire colors won't come close to matching up, started making connections based on what wire patterns in the fittings match.

Bought a brand new sealed 4amp battery. No luck troubleshooting it yet. I can't even get power to the lights. With no diagram, I'm taking stabs at things, all the electrical parts are there, untested, except the key switch. I have jumpered the key switch by connecting the red and black wires from the hacked off 4-wire connector end, as the PO obviously had done at some point.

QUESTION #1

Where does the negative terminal of the battery ground to? On bikes its usually the frame, but one of the two motors had the battery ground connected to a motor case bolt over the starter. Could not find an obvious mount spot on the frame.

QUESTION #2

Jumpering the alarm, removable kill switch in the rear, and the keyed ignition: I presume I can jumper these things, just to help troubleshoot. Neither ATV had a key ignition with it, which is a concern. From what I have read, there's lots of things built into these little suckers that will make it *not* run. I also saw something in a thread about the wiring to the brake levers being involved in killing the motor as well.

QUESTION #3

If anyone knows of a thread on the wiring with some pics of the 110D wiring, even mounting points for the CDI, solenoid, etc, it would be a huge help.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Old 04-20-2017, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EIF
Greetings!

New to ATVs, old hat with 70's two-smoke dirtbikes.

Picked up a matching pair of mostly trashed 2010 Tao Tao 110D ATVs. Assembling one good chassis was no problem, but the wiring on this thing is a nightmare.

I have not been able to locate a wiring harness diagram that even whiffs of the birds nests I have.

I bought an aftermarket wiring harness from Fleabay and, knowing the wire colors won't come close to matching up, started making connections based on what wire patterns in the fittings match.

Bought a brand new sealed 4amp battery. No luck troubleshooting it yet. I can't even get power to the lights. With no diagram, I'm taking stabs at things, all the electrical parts are there, untested, except the key switch. I have jumpered the key switch by connecting the red and black wires from the hacked off 4-wire connector end, as the PO obviously had done at some point.

QUESTION #1

Where does the negative terminal of the battery ground to? On bikes its usually the frame, but one of the two motors had the battery ground connected to a motor case bolt over the starter. Could not find an obvious mount spot on the frame.

QUESTION #2

Jumpering the alarm, removable kill switch in the rear, and the keyed ignition: I presume I can jumper these things, just to help troubleshoot. Neither ATV had a key ignition with it, which is a concern. From what I have read, there's lots of things built into these little suckers that will make it *not* run. I also saw something in a thread about the wiring to the brake levers being involved in killing the motor as well.

QUESTION #3

If anyone knows of a thread on the wiring with some pics of the 110D wiring, even mounting points for the CDI, solenoid, etc, it would be a huge help.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Hope this helps?!