Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Eagle 250cc atv will not start

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 03:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eagle 250cc atv will not start

Need some help from the knowledgeable people of this forum. I recently picked up a used atv locally. It is an Eagle 250cc liquid cooled. When I first got it the previous owner told me that it would need a starter. Only gave $150 for the atv. Installed new starter and it didn't help. Outside the engine, it spins as it should. Pulled everything apart again and decided to replace the starter gear and one way clutch. Still the same. Checked the valves and readjusted them. Bought new battery, spark plug, and coil. Still cannot get this thing to run. Replaced battery wires with a thicker gauge as well. It is getting fire to the plug, has fuel, but turns over sluggish. Any ideas? Next step is a new cdi from Tao Tao. I can't even get it to hit on a small shot of starting fluid either.

Also checked compression and it has 105 pounds each time I've checked. This thing is driving me nuts.

Old 08-20-2017, 03:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try jumper cables directly to the starter, it sounds like theres a shortage somewhere and not enough power going to the starter. Possibly the starter solenoid is bad