Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

What is Best Brand of Battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is Best Brand of Battery

I bought my son a Chinese TaoTao quad a few years ago. I immediately bought and installed a new DieHard Gold 4L-BS battery in it since the previous battery wouldn't hardly crank the engine. The DieHard worked okay for a few months and gave out. I got it replaced under warranty. The replacement lasted about a year and is now barely able to crank the engine. If I jump the ATV to my car, the ATV cranks great. I don't understand what the deal is. I take the battery indoors to stay warm during the off season. And I trickle charge it at least once a month during the off season. The battery is well taken care of. I don't think it's an issue with the ATV; I just think I keep getting crappy batteries. What's a good brand of battery for my ATV that others have had long sustained good performance from?

Old 02-24-2018, 08:08 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Checked charging when you have it installed and running? If the regulator isn't charging at least 13-14 volts or so that could decrease the life of a battery even if you take it out and place it on a maintainer. As far as replacement batteries you can't beat Yuasa or Interstate in most cases.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:03 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Checked charging when you have it installed and running? If the regulator isn't charging at least 13-14 volts or so that could decrease the life of a battery even if you take it out and place it on a maintainer.
I'm not sure where the regulator is. Can I just connect my voltmeter to the battery posts and check for the required voltage while running?

Old 02-25-2018, 08:50 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes that's how you check charging by checking voltage at the battery while at an idle or slightly above.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:19 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Funny enough i have found the best battery is from of all places Walmart. I have gotten veh and Motorsport battery's from them and never had a issue. Just finally tossed one after 15 years

Old 02-25-2018, 01:25 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zrock
Funny enough i have found the best battery is from of all places Walmart. I have gotten veh and Motorsport battery's from them and never had a issue. Just finally tossed one after 15 years
X2, never had any issues with my Wally World batteries.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:36 AM
Range Rover
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haven't had a problem with Walmart batteries but the best and longest lasting batteries I've had were Yuasa.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

I vote Yuasa too. However those tiny Kid's Quad batteries have six cells in a very small area, I'm no expert, but most batteries die of either sulphation or the plates warping and touching, I expect this will be more of a problem in small batteries.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

When buying a battery. I recommend buying a Fillable type Gel battery. A regular pre-filled battery may have been sitting on the shelf for quite some time with-ought the proper maintenance.

Fillable type battery contains a powdered compound which transforms the acid solution into a gel once mixed.

This allows for a combination of the near unlimited shelf life of a fillable battery while giving the user the highly sought after performance and safety of a gel battery.

Here is a fillable battery we sell:
(Canada) https://www.pocketbikecanada.ca/com-...e-gel-pbc130yt
(USA) Battery - GTX6.5L-BS, Yimatzu Brand, Fillable Type Gel - PBC130YT - PowerSport America - Mini ATV , Dirt Bikes, Pocket Bikes, Scooters, Electric Bikes and PARTS

Filling them is very easy. And the only ones we buy now.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:42 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

That brand may work for you. But i have been through 3 in 3 years... Nothing but crap in my opinion

Quick Reply: What is Best Brand of Battery