Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Day mark 110 contact spark when button pushed cdi good

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Day mark 110 no spark when button pushed cdi good

OK so have a 110 daymark

have done the following

cdi and voltage reg have been swapped with another at that was working. So they work.

the 5 pin cdi the center plug kill switch has been removed and when I hook it directly to the 12v battery it still won' crank over. It will only crank when I jump the solenoid with a screw driver and plug the left hand controls. It gives a good spark

when you unplug the left hand controls with the push button start and such in it and leave the kill switch wire off the cdi and hook it to a battery it still won't crank. Only cranks when you jump solenoid

so to me it' a trigger or start button issue. How do replace the start button maybe with another button or something like that....

Old 04-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Paramuir
OK so have a 110 daymark

have done the following

cdi and voltage reg have been swapped with another at that was working. So they work.

the 5 pin cdi the center plug kill switch has been removed and when I hook it directly to the 12v battery it still won' crank over. It will only crank when I jump the solenoid with a screw driver and plug the left hand controls. It gives a good spark

when you unplug the left hand controls with the push button start and such in it and leave the kill switch wire off the cdi and hook it to a battery it still won't crank. Only cranks when you jump solenoid

so to me it' a trigger or start button issue. How do replace the start button maybe with another button or something like that....

I have also unplugged the solenoid and powered it on its on and it will click to engage so it is workng properly

Old 04-06-2018, 02:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

The CDI and ignition circuit has nothing to do with the starter circuit. I think you are trying to say that the engine won't turn over unless you short the solenoid large terminals, and that the solenoid doesn't click when you press the start button. If so, yes it could be a faulty start button, but Quads often have a lockout, to stop you starting the Quad if it is in gear, or without a brake on. If it has, and this circuit has a fault, it won't work the solenoid. Check with test lamp or meter, if you get negative to one solenoid thin wire, check if you get positive to the other, do this with ignition on and start button pressed, if one side isn't getting either pos or neg, trace that wire back to find out why.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by merryman
The CDI and ignition circuit has nothing to do with the starter circuit. I think you are trying to say that the engine won't turn over unless you short the solenoid large terminals, and that the solenoid doesn't click when you press the start button. If so, yes it could be a faulty start button, but Quads often have a lockout, to stop you starting the Quad if it is in gear, or without a brake on. If it has, and this circuit has a fault, it won't work the solenoid. Check with test lamp or meter, if you get negative to one solenoid thin wire, check if you get positive to the other, do this with ignition on and start button pressed, if one side isn't getting either pos or neg, trace that wire back to find out why.

yes correct will only send spark if I short the two large terminal. When I unplug the solenoid and put it straight to the battery it will click properly.

with a meter how do I check if I'm getting negative to one thin wire and positive to the other. As in what setting on the meter.

if I do or don' have either negative or positive then what is my next step.

I know ithat has brake safety and looks like someone has removed a remote starter. Also oNE of the two brakes is missing the wires to it I did find one set of wires soldered together and though maybe some did this to trick the system to say he brake was pulled. The brake lights will not come on..

Old 04-07-2018, 09:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Unplug the thin wires to the solenoid. Ignition on, connect the meter to the two wires you have disconnected, coming out of the loom. Press starter switch, if you get 12v the circuit is OK (though it is better to test with a lamp, as you may not be getting amps as well). If you don't get 12v, run one wire from meter to pos on battery and other to one of these thin wires on the loom, do you get 12v, if not press start button, if no, swap meter lead onto battery neg and try again. Do the same with the other thin wire. You will almost certainly get one wire is working, t'other not. This is the one you need to follow back to where the fault lies.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Great I will try this thank you so much for the help. What setting on the meter should I use for this

if the safety switches ie brakes....and tether or key are not working will it stop the voltage to the plug. So I want to keep the black and white wire out of the cdi when I try this correct?

Old 04-08-2018, 03:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The black/white is the kill wire for the ignition. Like I wrote first, it does not come into contact with the starter circuit anywhere.

Brake and gearbox lockouts would stop live (or earth) getting to the solenoid. The live feed for everything, except regulator, goes through the ignition switch, so needs to be ON to work start solenoid.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

So if I have any issue with the brake lock out or key ignition then it won't send 12v power to the small leads that go to the back of the solenoid?

like if I unplug the black and white wore from cdi and the try to get power to solenoid will I still get it.

I'm worried that either the brake lock out or the key ignitionisn' working and is stoppingthe power going to he solenoid

Old 04-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Wellll... once you get a new start button you can check the rest.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Would like to test the start button I have now....perhaps one of the safety things are keeping it from going not the start button

can I remove key ignition and safety lock outs and just try start button