Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Chinese atv have no clue what it is...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese atv have no clue what it is...

i just bought this quad about a month ago and havent really had too much to rip it around as ive been making trials wider and better before i start really enjoying it but this afternoon i decided to go for a drive, its electric start and i did know how the previous owner had wired it, he bypassed the oe start button and put in a led switch (the red switch pictured) in between the starter solenoid relay, that wiring job almost caught fire, ran out to my house and grabbed a fire extinguisher in case and examined it the wires were charred and burnt up along with the switch. I'm looking for a replacement wiring harness but want to make sure i get a compatible one. Any help would really be appreciated im just getting into quads never had one before. I believe its a blaster rep. anyone drop some knowledge on me please? i dont even know how many ccs it is... its manual, ive only gotten it to 3rd gear i dont think i goes past that. im not 100% because i havent riden it much since i bought it for 250$

Old 08-21-2018, 02:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

I would say, forget it. Those "universal" wiring harnesses are made for either the 90cc Chinese two stroke, or Honda cub clones, and are not a good fit on some of them. Your engine isn't a copy of a Cub, though could be a copy of a bigger Honda engine. "National" is a particularly bad choice of name, as Googling it just comes up with lots of references for National ATV Championships etc. Try and work out where the harness was hacked, and what the missing wires are supposed to do

Old 08-21-2018, 06:23 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Same thing I got when I google it.

And you'll need a new intake boot as well.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

i think the switch has too many amps safely going thru it and i dont want another fire down the road, witch is why i was hoping for a engine harness. He hooked up the switch by jumping it with a wire between the two contact points onto of the starter solenoid relay. unfortunately i havent had much luck trying to use google and finding out what model i have ether. I dont see any Vin numbers or anything on the atv

this is the harness i was thinking of buying...
Amazon Amazon

Old 08-21-2018, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by hardipk5
i think the switch has too many amps safely going thru it and i dont want another fire down the road, witch is why i was hoping for a engine harness. He hooked up the switch by jumping it with a wire between the two contact points onto of the starter solenoid relay. unfortunately i havent had much luck trying to use google and finding out what model i have ether. I dont see any Vin numbers or anything on the atv

this is the harness i was thinking of buying...https://www.amazon.com/JINGKE-Comple...s=quad+harness
Save your money and put it toward a good brand name machine. You will end up spending more money trying to fix the junk than it is worth!

Old 08-22-2018, 02:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

As the problem is only the starter circuit, it isn't too difficult to make a work around. Though I had one customer that used a table knife to short the solenoid out for about a year. He was a Cockle picker too, so needed a reliable bike, and had no pull start back up, as they seize up in salt water.

Work around, wire in harness which is live with ignition on, to this type of switch https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-8-Handl...YAAOSwCHBa25rq If you can't find a live wire, take one, via a fuse (10 amp max), direct from battery pos to switch. Other wire from switch goes to thin wire on solenoid. Other thin wire from solenoid to earth, preferably battery neg terminal. My guess is previous owner connected the switch to the thick wires on solenoid.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Save your money and put it toward a good brand name machine. You will end up spending more money trying to fix the junk than it is worth!
Agreed. im not gonna spend much on this i didn't realize what i bought at the time. Was told it was a blaster of unknown years and engine swapped. (for 250 i was just buying the frame really...the fact it ran was just a bonus ) but i got tricked there. I'll just spend the 800 or so bucks on the real thing no hassle, not this Chinese throw away quad garbage. On the plus side, if i buy a real blaster, and i keep this thing once its safe if someone wants to use it when they come over we can both ride.

Originally Posted by merryman
As the problem is only the starter circuit, it isn't too difficult to make a work around. Though I had one customer that used a table knife to short the solenoid out for about a year. He was a Cockle picker too, so needed a reliable bike, and had no pull start back up, as they seize up in salt water.

Work around, wire in harness which is live with ignition on, to this type of switch https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-8-Handl...YAAOSwCHBa25rq If you can't find a live wire, take one, via a fuse (10 amp max), direct from battery pos to switch. Other wire from switch goes to thin wire on solenoid. Other thin wire from solenoid to earth, preferably battery neg terminal. My guess is previous owner connected the switch to the thick wires on solenoid.
I'm gonna take it apart and rewire the thing before i ride it again. maybe add some waterproofing to the electrical and send it. Also your right i think the guy whos using kitchen knives to start electric start quads and this kid who wires in a switch instead of a kitchen knives, i know it works but its crazy just fix the thing the right way the first time, or really try to atleast.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone by chance know what wire is hot and ground? If not I'll test it just wanted to see if anyone knew. My plan is to install a switch to the wire pictured so it doesnt have the current of the coil through the switch and bridge the top of the starter solenoid with a 8 gauge wire. Have it has a beater quad