Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Wiring Help Please!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 09:38 PM
Extreme Tinkerer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Help Please!!!!!

My engine has 3 yellow wires, 1 blue and white, and one red and black wire coming from my stator. I have a 4 pin rectifier. Is it possible to hook them up to charge my battery while running? I have looked everywhere for an answer to this. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

If your bike came with electric start and a battery, it will already have a charging circuit and rectifier. If it is pull start only with no lights, it will not have a charging coil on the stator, but if it is pull start with lights, they are worked directly by AC so, in theory, a rectifier/regulator placed in the lighting circuit could be used to charge a battery.

The three yellows seem to indicate a three phase alternator for charging, if so, you need a 5 pin regulator, these are pinned out oddly, so be sure you know how to wire it up. I guess you could use two phases and the four pin reg, but it won't work as well, and Chinese 5 pin regulators are almost being given away at the moment.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:23 AM
Extreme Tinkerer

Yes mine had electric start and a battery. I ordered a wiring harness from Amazon because the previous owner had rigged the wiring. It was melted in spots and some of the wires were just cut. The harness I ordered came with the wrong stator and I'm not sure if it came with the right CDI. I was trying to make it work. The original CDI is a bit bigger than the new one, which leads me to believe the old one is DC. It's still in good shape, so I will try it. And I managed to find a 5 pin reg. It has 3 yellow wires, a green, and a red. Is the green ground and red +B? If my reg isn't good, where could I buy a new one? I can't find any info on the engine I have. Thanks for the reply!
​​​

Old 03-22-2018, 03:05 PM
Extreme Tinkerer

Okay so I re checked my engine, and I made a mistake. I have 3 yellow, 1 blue/yellow, 1 green/white from the stator. I'm not sure what CDI I have. It is larger than the new one I purchased. I believe it is a DC CDI. But it has a blue/white, yellow/black, solid green, and green/white going to the 4 pin. And a solid black and a blue/white to the 2 pin. I am lost. I read that DC CDI has only one wire on the 2 pin. I just need a simple wiring diagram to run, turn off, and charge.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Did the Amazon harness/stator/CDI set up not come with a wiring diagram? Do not try to run a DC CDI on the new set up unless you are very experienced at auto electronics, it needs to be matched to a coil for DC, for one thing. There are so many different ways of wiring a bike up, and the Chinese seem to use every different one of them, so I am wary of those "one size fits all" kits. Are you saying the new stator will not fit onto your engine, if so, you may not be able to make the rest of the kit work.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:14 AM
Extreme Tinkerer

I'm using the original stator, but I purchased a wiring kit. The CDI that came with the kit is smaller than the old one. The old one had 4 wires on the 4 pin and 2 on the 2 pin. The 4 was blue/white, Black/yellow, green/white, and green. The ones on the 2 pin was blue/white and solid black. But I only have 3 yellow wires, a blue/white, and a green/white coming from the stator. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a red/black or what.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:05 PM
Extreme Tinkerer

My stator and pickup.
Blue/yellow and green/white from pickup.
3 yellow wires from stator.
How would I wire this to run? I keep reading about a black/red wire, but I don't have one.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:44 PM
Extreme Tinkerer

Merryman if you see this I need your help brother! I still haven't had any success figuring this one out. I need to know which CDI, coil, and harness to buy. I would greatly appreciate any help. I'm ready to ride this thing.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by DcJames
Merryman if you see this I need your help brother! I still haven't had any success figuring this one out. I need to know which CDI, coil, and harness to buy. I would greatly appreciate any help. I'm ready to ride this thing.
Your best bet is to buy one off of the Coolster website itself. Too many different wiring harnesses.