Chinese 110cc slow top speed and low torque - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Go Back  ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community > Brand Discussions Area > Chinese Quads
Reload this Page >

Chinese 110cc slow top speed and low torque

Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Chinese 110cc slow top speed and low torque

Old 11-17-2018, 08:27 PM
Desert rat
Default Chinese 110cc slow top speed and low torque

Hi all,

I posted yesterday but looks like my thread got deleted so I apologize if it was in the wrong section.

On Monday I picked up a 110cc Chinese quad for a 7 year old that wouldn’t start. I had to bypass the brake interlock to get it to run. Anyway, I found that the top speed and power is incredibly slow compared to the 110cc Chinese clones I see on YouTube. It takes a 60lb kid to maybe 10mph, and it will barely pull me at 220.

I took out the throttle adjustment screw on the lever pulled the carb apart and everything looked new. The jets were clear and I sprayed everything off with carb cleaner. Still low on power, but fires up just fine.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:31 PM
Desert rat

Here’s a video of it in action at WOT

Old 11-18-2018, 03:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Do a compression test, I had a Honda motorcycle (similar engine) in for repair, it was bad to start and completely gutless. Checked compression, under 30psi, bore and rings were so worn the rings didn't grip in the bore, yet it still ran.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:50 AM
Desert rat

Originally Posted by merryman View Post
Do a compression test, I had a Honda motorcycle (similar engine) in for repair, it was bad to start and completely gutless. Checked compression, under 30psi, bore and rings were so worn the rings didn't grip in the bore, yet it still ran.
Thanks for the info. I will do a test today and report back. Did you end up changing the rings or replace the bottom end entirely?

Old 11-18-2018, 10:14 PM
Desert rat

My gauge reads 75 psi. It’s a little low, but that should make power still yea?

Old 11-18-2018, 11:13 PM
Desert rat

Well I took it apart. Rings/piston and bore looks good. The valves closed holds water. I’m honestly stumped with this thing...the thing is a slug.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Did you check the ring gaps. Take the top one off and put it in the bore, measure the gap with feelers, should be under about 0.012" Make sure you know which way up it is, as it has to go back on the piston the same way, if it is OK. Check the valves are seating properly, (I would use fuel rather than water, far more searching), and that the clearance is correct 0.002" to 0.003"

Old 11-19-2018, 10:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol

I could be wrong but compression should be over 100 and anything under that is calling for a rebuild..

Old 11-20-2018, 07:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Anything under 90psi is suspect, but as the bore is OK it can only be rings, valves or head gasket. Some of those engines have automatic de-compressors too, so you can't take the readings too literally.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:16 PM
Desert rat

Originally Posted by merryman View Post
Anything under 90psi is suspect, but as the bore is OK it can only be rings, valves or head gasket. Some of those engines have automatic de-compressors too, so you can't take the readings too literally.
I ordered a new piston, rings and gaskets. I'll check the valve clearance and make sure timing is correct when everything is going back together.

Can the CDI have any impact on this? How about adjusting the carb? I want to make sure this thing is tip top before sliding everything back into the frame.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chinese 110cc slow top speed and low torque

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: