Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Tao Tao 150 Hummer wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 09:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao Tao 150 Bull wiring help

I just got a Tao 150 Bull really cheap. it still runs really good and starts no problems by jumping the solenoid to start it. I would like to the the bike wired and working correctly and am trying to sort the wiring out as several things are disconnected and I am sure there is a safety switch somewhere preventing the solenoid from working correctly with the start switch. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this somewhere? It has not been something that I could readily find via Google.
Also, does any know how the safety switches and starting system works on this? I get the neutral light so I know that works, i’m Thinking a brake switch isn’t working....and the brake light broke off so I just cut the wires for now until I replace it, is that probably not a good thing cause it is missing the complete circuit there?
thanks in advance.

Last edited by Haulinbass02; 05-04-2019 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Title incorrect
Old 05-05-2019, 09:53 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

their is a brake switch on the foot brake and hand brake. Usually the one on the foot brake goes bad at least in my experience they are always coming out of adjustment. May want to put the light back in i can remember if thats needed for the safety to work. If you look at the connector to the cdi you will see a black wire with a white stripe. Carefully pull this out of the harness and this will bypass all safety.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info. I’m going to bypass the safety for now until I nail down the switch or solenoid as the starting issue then slowly put the safeties back in place. Being how this is for my kids to ride, I want to have the peace of mind that they aren’t able to just jump on and start without doing everything correctly...

Old 05-13-2019, 09:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

So in my probing of the wiring system, it appears that the ground to the starter solenoid is unbroken and not switched in any way. The power is what needs a complete circuit from the safety systems to work as designed. I just jumped in switched power from the key switch to the starter switch and now have a functioning starting system. Given the cost to put ALL the safeties back in place I am likely not going to do that. It runs and works and that’s what matters at this point.