Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Idle on a coolster 90 help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 06:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle on a coolster 90 help please

Im not a car buff or atv buff etc. I need some help however.

Last year I had to purchase a new carburetor and put it in the machine. The quad worked perfectly.
I let the battery die, and then I got a new battery today. I hooked it up. started it up and it will not continue to idle.
there are 3 screws on the machine on the right side of the carb, and the CHOKE lever on the left side and I im not going to lie. Im stupid and have no clue which screw is which, or what they mean, or what the choke even does, etc

I now I have to lift the lever up for it to start, then I push it down a littler and it runs "better" or sounds better". But I have to have the throttle on to keep it going. i play with all three screws and can't figure anything out. I was reading different areas and got confused. People talking about an a/f screw, idle screw, and I have no clue what the third would be on the right side of the carb. Then I also have the fuel like **** on the left side of the of the carb near the choke lever.

I am going to provide some pictures of the carb and I would appreciate some help in super basic wording and instructions. grabbing the pics right now to post.

THanks a lot everyone. Im just getting a little frustrated cause my son wants to ride it this weekend and I can't figure this out.

Oh and on the fuel ****. Can someone explain each direction means. Im assuming to the right is STOP, up would be let gas come in? and the bottom is like, I dont know. Thats why I need help

THanks everyone

Old 07-17-2019, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind. It just required that I have it throttled for a bit and then it was able to idle. and it appears that the screw on type is more than likely the IDLE SCREW. the bottom one looks like a screw to maybe empty the bowl? and the middle screw might be the air/fuel mixture screw? to make it run richer or leaner. I have no idea what that even means, but I guess as long as it runs it should be fine.

the KN OB on the fuel line . the circle appears to be OFF and I would assume the other two would be how much fuel I want in the bowl? again. I have no idea about cars/bikes/atvs and im just using educated(stupidly) guesses on stuff.

and the tubeless tire was completely off the rim. I took it off the atv, kinda centered it where the tire would spin around the rim and had "traction" then I pumped it up with a bike pump and it inflated and has stayed for 4 to 5 hours with leakage. I put water/soap on the inner rim / tire connection and I didn't see an air bubbles.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Regarding the tap, most quads have two pick up pipes in the tank, one longer than the other, In one position the tap takes from the long pipe, in the other, the short pipe. So run on the long pipe until you run out of fuel, switch to the short pipe and you have enough in reserve to get to where you can re-fuel.

Tubeless tyres pop over a hump on the rim when they are fitted properly. On some this occurs as you blow the tyre up, without any drama. On some it can take over 50psi pressure, and the tyre gives two loud bangs like a shotgun going off as it jumps the humps and hits the outer edge of the rim.