Classifieds, Garage Sale & Swap Shop Buy, Sell and Trade Goods.

Looking for a Stadium Lite...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 11:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Stadium Lite...

I am searching for a Stadium Lite Buggy due to my current condition.

A little background...
I am a born and bred Desert Rat. I have always had motorcycles, quads, 4x4's, and anything else that will play in the dust and dirt. I have raced Flat Track Quads, and still miss the 1/8 mile oval at Ascot Speedway. Spent alot of time at Glen Helen also. I have experienced the Baja 1000 in a Class 9 Challenger Buggy. Anything fast and dirty is golden.

A knee injury in the military (yep, Disabled Veteran) had me rethink my racing, and I have been content just going fast instead of being the fastest. I have beat on my bad knee for years now, but could always manage a good motgorcycle ride if I didn't go ballistic. There was some hell to pay, but always worth it. My knee surgery did not go well, and I am now unable to ride a motorcycle properly on dirt, and I know I wouldn't be any more effective on a quad.

I remember watching the Stadium Lites race in the Micky Thompson series going way back, and had a buddy with a modified Honda Pilot that was a blast. I always wanted one to play on, but never came across one or seriously searched.

Now to the gist of it...
I am seriously looking for a Stadium Lite or Pilot because I desperately miss riding in the desert, and cannot do so with my gimp knee. Finding info is a bit of a stretch, but I am learning. I figured I would post in a couple of places that actually know what a Stadium Lite or Pilot is, and possibly come across someone willing to sell.

If you have one collecting dust in the shop/garage, or it is not collecting dust from riding, or have a friend of a friend who knows a guy that has one, I would like to find one to give a good home to. It would definitely be put to good use, and put a big sh*t eating grin on my face!

Not a sob story, just the situation. I want to get back to the desert...can you help?

Any info would be greatly welcomed, and Thanks.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:29 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your service to the country.

I've seen a few pilots on ebay and once in a great while a local ad around here. They've gotten pretty expensive for something that old, and in some cases, need a lot of work. Good luck on the search. I still remember when the Odyssey first came out. Hardly any suspension and a motor that was tuned way down. Still a blast to ride.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome, and thank you for serving. I would also keep an eye out on eBay and your local Craigslist. One is bound to show up at some point.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you can't find one, the new Polaris Ace would be worth a look. The 570 model is pretty peppy but the new 2017 900 model has a ton of suspension travel and the 900 prostar twin making 78 hp, more than even the Rzr 900 S has. Not cheap but for desert riding it would be a blast.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a great Pilot...

I found a fl400r Pilot, bought it. Then I found another, and it was in such great shape and original owner, I bought it also!

They are both in great shape, but now I'm deciding if I should sell or keep the first one, or just have 2.

I am still keeping my eyes open for a Stadium Lite, but Thanks for the Pilot leads! That made for a great pair of Christmas gifts. And to think...it only took 27 years to get one (now 2).

Thanks again!