ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds, Garage Sale & Swap Shop (https://atvconnection.com/forums/classifieds-garage-sale-swap-shop/)
-   -   CAN THIS POSSIBLY BE RIGHT?? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/classifieds-garage-sale-swap-shop/95455-can-possibly-right.html)

Bubba297 04-09-2003 09:59 PM

CAN THIS POSSIBLY BE RIGHT??

I know I am going to have many people ask why, but the time has come to part with my pride and joy beloved Polaris race bike. There has been much time and effort (and money LOL) put into it to make it what it is today. The bike is now for sale. It is setup for running on alcohol. The motor is .140 over, HPD cool head with 15.5:1 dome for the big bore. As you all know it is Bubba ported as well. It has V-force reeds, 40mm Lectron alky carb with pulse mikuni fuel pump. CPI pipe and silencer combo which runs between 7600-7900 on alky. Custom clutching with roller secondary and 2 extra helixes. I also have the EPI maroon primary spring which engages at 5400 and will turn 7900 on top for ultimate drag racing. The primary clutch was replaced not long ago. The bike has radial tires all around and is super tight.There are many other things done to it, just too much to list. I hate to part with it, but everyone has their reasons. I thought I would let anyone on these forums know before listing it on e-bay and also locally. It needs to go for $3700. The bike is capable of 4.9's on 300ft track. If you have any ?'s send me a message. I am going to list it on e-bay probably Saturday with a buy it now also. Thanks all, and I will still have 2 other Polaris's to ride on the trails. Bubba

2manytoys 04-09-2003 10:17 PM

Bubba why are you selling?

Bubba297 04-09-2003 10:32 PM

Well to be honest we found a killer deal on a couple of quads.
At first I thought he was kidding but when I found out what they were
then it is not something that I could even leave alone. The quadracer is
going to be sold also. We will put it on ebay tonight. Which I am really
surprised also that after all the work time and effort that he would want to do that.
Especially after Little Sahara. But like he said we will still have his sport
and my scrambler. One of the bikes is a 250r (which is something I have been wanting
for a very long time) and a boy he is going to get it for this he wants the banshee.

I am curious to see what everyone says???

He will still do the porting and still have his head full of ...... knowledge....
yea thats the answer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

see ya
Dana

NCScrambler 04-09-2003 10:38 PM

I hate to see you do it, Bubba, but the Banshee can't be beat when it comes to all out power, especially for dragging, so I don't think anyone can argue with that. And 250R are nice also, and fast. Just think, If you had put all that money in the Banshee, you would probaby be over 100 hp easy. You can just drop that alky sport off at my house anytime.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

2manytoys 04-09-2003 10:46 PM

Sometimes I wish I had never sold my Banshee but I needed to get something that fit me better sizewise. I am 6'1 and 225lbs. The Banshee was just a little small for me. I think about it all the time. How much for the quadracer?

scrambled6910 04-09-2003 10:55 PM

What is the actual listing on Ebay going to be for the Sport...With enuff begging I could weasel 3700 out of my dad...maybe more. Oo wait supposed to be getting a car soon....Eh, You said it had radials...close enuff.

Bubba297 04-10-2003 12:00 AM

The quadracer will go for about $2400. It has a lot of time and money in it as well. fresh motor, FMF pipe,ported jug, more compression (still pump gas) rebuilt rear shock, durablue +2 rear axle. and other things too. We really hate to part with these, but when you can buy some crazy guys's bikes for 1/3 of what he has done to them it is hard to pass up. We know him and know the bikes well. He is getting a divorce and that puts a big strain on things i'm sure.

Bubba297 04-10-2003 09:53 AM

Oh now come on everyone. I figured for sure that someone on this forum that would know someone that needs or wants a great fast bike. Just to tell you how good it is it still has the stock chain on it which is not worn out, and I replaced the lower steering bushing this winter just to put on the aftermarket unit. The original did not have slack in it. I bought this bike practically new and it did not have any warning stickers on it. This is a super tight bike. I would like to see someone from here or from word of mouth buy it. I didnt really want to list it on e-bay because most people dont understand what kind of time and money you put into these to get to this point. I still have most of the important things that was removed off of it like the fan and petcock assy. It could easily be put back to race gas with a carb change, and I also have the pump gas big bore chamber to make it fuel cost friendly that I would throw in. This is not just a racing bike. It can be ridden all day at the dunes without a worry. Thanks again,Bubba

modquad 04-10-2003 10:35 AM

Sniff, sniff, I need a moment. Part of you is dying......

Bubba297 04-10-2003 08:41 PM

Good one ken,
good one......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Dana