Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

PNWQRA Newsletter

Old 10-10-2003, 12:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PNWQRA Newsletter

Pacific Northwest Quad Racer’s Assoc. Newsletter

October 9, 2003

Hello again, and welcome to the 2nd edition of the PNWQRA Newsletter.

First off, we would like to congratulate Team Enumclaw on a job well done at the Top Gun race on 9/27-9/28. It was fun and we all learned some valuable lessons from that race, like Drew for instance, learned that it is a good thing to make sure you have enough gas in your quad before the race starts! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

In other news, PNWQRA is expanding. We have established contact with some race tracks down in Oregon and are in the process of negotiating future events. We will keep you posted on our progress!

If you are interested in becoming a member of PNWQRA, please contact Bob Lattimar by email at baubl@direcway.com or Lisa Breshears at quadracernews@hotmail.com
The more members we get, the bigger voice we quad riders will have!

Here are a few updated race schedules you all may be interested in and there are a lot of races to choose from!

The WORCS race schedule:

1/16 – 1/18 Phoenix, AZ
2/20-2/22 Austin, TX
3/12-3/14 Lake Havasu, AZ
3/26-3/28 Goldendale, WA
4/16-4/18 Price, UT
4/30-5/2 Ignacio, CO
5/21-5/23 Milford, CA
6/11-6/13 Washougal, WA
9/03-9/05 Monticello, UT
9/17-9/19 Las Vegas, NV
10/15-10/17 Devore, CA
10/29-10/31 Decatur, TX
11/19-11/21 Stillwater, OK

Please remember, you must be at least 16 yrs. of age to race the WORCS series.

OPMC series schedule in Port Angeles:

10/12 round 2
10/26 round 3
11/9 round 4
11/23 round 5

AMA card is required and can be purchased the day of the event.

Monroe Indoor Winter Flattrack Series at Evergreen State Fairgrounds:

Nov.8
Nov.22
Nov.29

Dec.6
Dec.13
Dec.27

Jan.3
Jan.10

All races are Saturday nights and start at 5:30 PM.

For more info on the Monroe Flattrack series, check out

www.sandvigracing.freeservers.com

Woodland MX Sunday Series:

Oct. 19th
Nov. 2nd
Nov. 16th
Nov. 30th
Dec. 14th
Dec. 28th
Jan. 11th
Jan. 25th
Feb. 8th
Feb. 22nd
Mar. 7th
Mar. 21st

Go to www.woodlandmx.com for more info!

Misc. races and scrambles:

October 26 there's the Halloween Scare Scrambles at Spokane Extreme MX at Airway Heights, WA
-November 23 they hold the Turkey Scramble there too.

On October 25th there is a race at Longview. We are trying to get as many riders as possible to show up for this event to check out the track and to show who we are!

In November, there will be an Iron Man race at Horn Rapids in Richland on the 2nd.

There are races at Washougal on November 2nd and the Hangover Scramble on New Years Day.

We need more info on poker runs! If anyone has any inofrmation on any upcoming poker runs, please let us know so we can add them to our schedule.

Old 10-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

After puttin on the new A-arms, LSR axle and Tag2 bars I am now ready for engine MODS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quadfest on the 12th.

Woodland on the 19th.

Longview on the 25th.

Washugal on the 2nd.

I hope to make it to Woodland on the 16th of November.

Old 10-11-2003, 07:10 AM
Pro Rider

November 2nd NMA benefit poker run put on by Mt. Baker MC, at Hannegan Raceway, Bellingham, WA. contact: Todd Lynn, 360-631-1354

i'm going to try to run the whole series at OPMC(why not use the heck out of that AMA membership?), the 25th at longview sounds fun, but that's a bit of a haul if i'm going to hit OPMC the 26th.... and if Richland doesn't recieve some serious rain in the next few weeks, Wasougal may be my destination on Nov. 2nd.

good luck in the mud at quadfest! did they change the track around to make it more quad frendly?

Old 10-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

I wanted to go to Pacific Raceways today to check the track and the bike but I will not get a chance. So I have no idea if they have changed the track or not.

Ya it looks like rain in the AM so the track should be slick and muddy. I ran into the problem with wet spots at Hornrapids. So I might go back to the 20's instead of the 18's.
I will make the decision after practice.

Dual-Sporter

You think you can make it to Woodland on the 19th? They have a 12 reace series and you have to hit 8.

I don't blame you for going to OPMC I like the track a liitle better than P/R and to get some real use out of the $39.00 AMA card.
Now I have the card and that is the only place I can use it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] O-well

Good luck at OPMC.

Old 10-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

i have to work the 19th.
POMC is way better than PR IMO... it's a race not a beating

Old 10-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Well I made it out to P/R today to check out the new stuff. They have really toned down the whoops and took out the double double section and turner it into a table top.

I would like to make it back out to OPMC. But my race weekends are filling up fast. and the whole $$ thing too.

The 450 handled great with the new axle in. It was wet and soupie out there.

Old 10-13-2003, 04:18 AM
Pro Rider

just got in from OPMC, it was soup there too.... who was i to think i could outrun the rain? they cancelled the second set of motos it was so bad.... 12" deep mud soup on the track and they closed off the lower section completely. i came in 3rd of 5 in open class after getting stuck twice.

Old 10-13-2003, 11:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The weather yesterday was horrible! Quadfest ended up getting cancelled as well.
Due to the rain and wind, there was a very low rider turn out. Quadfest will be rescheduled for sometime within the next month.
It is better that it was cancelled though. There were alot of first timer's there and a lot of little kids riding. The track was so soupy it would have been horrible if someone got hurt.
I will post something when I find out when the reschedule date is.

Old 10-14-2003, 06:02 AM
Pro Rider

Oakwood arena has now posted thier schedule. thier scrambles is a very mild MX, more like TT. they usually have a very good quad turnout, and it is some of the least expensive race fees around. $20 + gate fee.
this is where i first started racing, and i would recommend it to any newbie wanting to try racing out & watch it up close... the track is tight, passing is difficult, but it's fun too.... they change the track configuration up occasionally to keep it interesting. they keep it mild so kids have a good time too.

Old 10-16-2003, 07:51 AM
Pro Rider

At the time I was first going to start racing we had gone down there to Oakwood to watch then see if I wanted to race. At that time I would have been racing the DS650. I said NO WAY I could race that track. For Jamie (Racer-X) our daughter it would be great.

RMC Motors in Renton will be opening up there indoor track soon. I seen the track it looks more like a Super cross track. Then on the outside of the track it is a flat track.

I had spoke to a friend and he normaly dose Arena cross starting in November.

Are you going to Godendale on the 22nd and 23rd of November for another Euro GP race?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PNWQRA Newsletter