ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Club News and Events (https://atvconnection.com/forums/club-news-events/)
-   -   Florida ATV Land Acquisitions (https://atvconnection.com/forums/club-news-events/178407-florida-atv-land-acquisitions.html)

jgdorado 10-30-2004 08:49 PM

Florida ATV Land Acquisitions

Anyone interested in buying ATV riding land in Florida. Check out www.fl-atv.com It's all about ATV'rs joining forces and acquiring land all over Florida so we can ride forever!!!!

FoxSpirits 10-31-2004 12:28 AM

yea yea, has anyone actually paid you a dime for the land?

ive been hearing about that lame site for months and no new lands have opened in florida.

jgdorado 10-31-2004 06:58 PM

Thanks for the honesty.

It appears that less than a thousand people have signed up. Less than a thousand ATV'rs who are willing to step up and buy land. I certainly believe that the roughly 200-300 thousand of us in Florida would be all over this because it is a no brainer. I don't believe there's any better individual or family oriented sport - ever!

I believe it'll just take some time for everyone to hear about the site. Spread the word...............

...........Good things take time

James Griffith

FoxSpirits 10-31-2004 07:58 PM

sorry about the rather disrespectful post, i just needed to vent, cops have been harrasing me and some freinds about riding in our spot for months, and im getting tired of being stopped by cops and not being able to ride something i have spend hours upon hours and thousands of dollars on.

and then we have your website, and although it is a great idea, i havnt heard of one new place opening because of it.

jgdorado 10-31-2004 09:46 PM

The issue you're facing is exactly why we as a group need our own land to ride on. As a group we can do this. Which brings me back to the part about "gettin the word out". We need a lot of people.

We're hoping to get 400 or so acres per facility. In most counties that's a chunk of change ($8 million minimum). So we need the numbers. There are in fact enough riders here in Florida to support a facility in most every county. Most riders aren't aware of our effort, so spreading the word and getting folks to sign up is where we're still at for now.

We have 11x17 posters, business cards and sign-up sheets for dealership counters. If you know of any dealership that would like any of these or you would like some cards to spread around, please let me know.

As I mentioned in the first response I appreciate your straight forwardness. It's well taken. It's just going to be a longer process than anyone originally thought.

And by the way, anyone interested can request the above supplies by emailing admin@fl-atv.com Please include your name & tel#

Keep the Faith,
James Griffith

twentycharacters 11-01-2004 01:25 AM

seems like a good idea. should be done in every state.

but in your case with 200,000 riders and the need of $8,000,000 - thats only $40 per person!
who wouldnt pay $40 to help buy land to ride on? if half of them only paid it would go up to $80 each. still not bad.

some people are leary of fund raising though.

i dont know why the ATVA or AMA or whoever dont step up a little more and help their 'vast members' to assist in buying land to ride on. or even the manufacturers could buy up land all over the country with no problem.

FoxSpirits 11-01-2004 03:57 PM

Originally posted by: twentycharacters
seems like a good idea. should be done in every state.

but in your case with 200,000 riders and the need of $8,000,000 - thats only $40 per person!
who wouldnt pay $40 to help buy land to ride on? if half of them only paid it would go up to $80 each. still not bad.

some people are leary of fund raising though.

i dont know why the ATVA or AMA or whoever dont step up a little more and help their 'vast members' to assist in buying land to ride on. or even the manufacturers could buy up land all over the country with no problem.
if yamaha bought areas to ride for their customers, they would make so much money... that is a great idea.

and jgdorado, arent people getting a little pissed off becaus they paid you a grand and they dont have land to ride on? i know i would and that is part of the reason i think there will never be more land to ride on due to your effort.

jgdorado 11-01-2004 07:10 PM

No one is pissed off about losing money. We've never solicited or accepted a dime from anyone. No one is out anything other than the time it takes to read about us and sign up. Your accusation tells me you've done neither.

We don't need other peoples money to purchase several of these tracts around Florida. What we need is for people to step up and be counted by signing up. Short of that we'll purchase no land for this purpose.

We've approached a few of the manufactuers where we would provide them with the post cards and postage because none will provide outside firms with their covetted customer mailing lists. They know full well that once these facilities open their sales will quadrupel ......

Yamaha has an attitude and corporate officers don't return calls...they don't need land to sell their product.
Polaris has returned calls but has dropped the ball so many times we're no longer taking them serious.
Suzuki is the only manufacturer that remains a viable player in this (so far).

I personally have plenty of riding land. Most others I know do as well. The folks we're trying to help are those who don't have the resources individually. So as a force - together - this will become a reality by sharing in the cost of purchasing and developing facilities.

The math previously used would be great if Florida was a smaller state. Ideally, we could use 8 - 10 facilities to reach everyone in Florida.

I think most ATV'rs know this is going to take time...and that's all there is to it.

FoxSpirits 11-01-2004 07:48 PM

Originally posted by: jgdorado
No one is pissed off about losing money. We've never solicited or accepted a dime from anyone. No one is out anything other than the time it takes to read about us and sign up. Your accusation tells me you've done neither.

We don't need other peoples money to purchase several of these tracts around Florida. What we need is for people to step up and be counted by signing up. Short of that we'll purchase no land for this purpose.
haha, i signed up for sarasota county a couple months ago, and if you check i am probbly the only one who has signed up for sarasota county.

I was under the impression that if you spend a certain amount of money that you become an owner, another thing that leads me to assume this is the following quotes directly from your site:

"We are not a club. Instead, this is about ownership. This is fractional ownership whereby everyone is an equal owner of land designed for the common enjoyment of all owners, families and guests. This is YOUR LAND. You are using and riding on YOUR LAND. Every facility we open is YOUR LAND. You own it and you can use it (period). No more being chased off. No more wondering where to go. No more trespassing."

"Are there any fees for this....
There is a one-time purchase fee to become an owner. Based on current land values (which are rising) and maximum density of riders for busy days, ownership should remain in the $3,000-$5,000 area. $3,000 or less is our goal, $5,000 would be in areas where land is scarce and at an extreme premium. Not all counties have available land for this like Monroe County, Pinellas County just to name a few."

jgdorado 11-01-2004 08:24 PM

What I'm responding to is your comment "arent people getting a little pissed off because they paid you a grand and they dont have land to ride on?". I repeat - we're not taking any money from anyone. Nowhere does the site or the reference you quoted ask for money up front and never will we take any.

What it says is that the estimated costs for ownership will be in the $3-5,000 area. YES, this is for ownership so no one can take it away or put it to another use. When enough people have signed up and agree to jointly purchase land we've identified (or anyone else for that matter) then everyone gets to step up and pay their share. They'll become owners with unlimited access to their land. They'll be assigned a camp site and can ride the trails or tracks as they please. Each facility should be approximately 400 acres. If interest is just not there and we need to try a smaller property....then we'll try that. I don't see anyone out there offering ownership of 400 acres for $3-5 grand. 400 acres will support 3,000 rider easily. This is also why we're capping ownership so the properties don't become congested.

There will be no fee for use. A non owner will never be permitted to pay their way into a facility. Our current plan is to permit guests of an owner until such time that the owners vote against this or liability reasons prohibit it.

Until we get enough interest parties we have to wait.

Oh, by the way, thanks for signing up