ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires (https://atvconnection.com/forums/drivetrain-suspension-tires/)
-   -   Warrior Tires – All Trak’s, Sur Trak’s, or Spider Tracks (https://atvconnection.com/forums/drivetrain-suspension-tires/118943-warrior-tires-o-all-trakis-sur-trakis-spider-tracks.html)

FLGator 09-25-2003 08:07 AM

Warrior Tires – (looking for opinions, preferably based on experience)

I know, here we go again, but hey I’m a newbie what can I say.

Sorry to bother everyone with yet another tire question, but I could use some advice to help me make a decision on which tires to get for my Warrior

After much research (well actually web surfing) I have narrowed my choices down to these, All Trak’s, Sur Trak’s, or Spider Tracks. I was planning on keeping the stock size or possibly going up a little for some extra ground clearance. I don’t know if there is any advantage to changing the stock front Dunlop’s (any opinions on this?), so I will probably keep them until they wear-out. This ATV is primarily used for casual trail riding, and the terrains I ride in consist mostly of sand, dirt and mud, with an occasional dose of red clay. While I did not get this machine for its prowess in mud, I do have to cross some sloppy mud holes at times.

I have noticed the All Trak’s, and Sure Trak’s appear to be manufactured by two different tire companies Cheng Shin, and Maxxis. The tires look identical and both have the same 2-ply rating, however the Cheng Shin’s are definitely cheaper. Does anyone know what the story is with this? Are there any quality/reliability concerns with the Cheng Shin tires?

2000IAWarrior 09-25-2003 10:49 PM

Warrior Tires – All Trak’s, Sur Trak’s, or Spider Tracks

first off All Tracks and Sur tracks are made by Maxxis not chen ching**. spider tracs are nice they are itp. the only reason to go with SP T- is they are 4 and 6 ply. if u get in surious mud go w/ sur tracks but if just trail ride and stuff go w/ the spider tracs.

FLGator 09-26-2003 07:55 AM

Thanks for the reply; I think I will ultimately choose either the Sur Traks, or Spider’s.

Regarding Maxxis Tires (not that it really matters), they are a wholly owned US subsidiary of Cheng Shin Tire Co. There is a ton of info on the web indicating this, in fact what sparked my curiosity is when I visited this web site www.treadepot.com and found they were selling Sur-Trak and All-Trak tires (and others) under the heading of Cheng Shin Tires. At first I was thinking perhaps they were Chinese knock-offs, until I discovered they were actually the parent company of Maxxis (they may even have the Maxxis name on the side, can’t tell from the picture), good prices though.

VirginRider 09-29-2003 10:23 PM

I put the spiders on my warrior and they hook up great, I do not like them at high speeds but this could be that my alighnment is some what of and I need to ajust my suspension. They ride some what rough alos compared to stock tires, I'll post back after, oh yea i paired them with holeshots on the front.

VirginRider 10-12-2003 11:20 AM

well after further riding with them I have come to love them, I had ajusted my alighment and suspension and these tires rock, they just ripp up everything.

FLGator 10-12-2003 07:17 PM

Glad to hear the spiders are working for you. After reading many posts on this, and other sites, I decided to go with Dirt Devils. I must say I am very impressed with the performance of these tires especially for the price. They perform very well in many different conditions, and they definitely do everything I need them to. Thanks for all the reply's.

Kraw 10-13-2003 09:20 AM

Originally posted by: FLGator
Glad to hear the spiders are working for you. After reading many posts on this, and other sites, I decided to go with Dirt Devils. I must say I am very impressed with the performance of these tires especially for the price. They perform very well in many different conditions, and they definitely do everything I need them to. Thanks for all the reply's.
I rode with a guy this weekend that had DD's on his warrior http://www.krawdaddy.net/atv/spillway_oct_12_03.htm I was so impressed, I'm thinkning about getting a set as extras for my rappy!

FLGator 10-13-2003 09:27 PM

Hey great pictures, looks like a fun time for sure. I did find it intresting that your friend with the Warrior used DD’s up front as well as the rear; it seems like they would tend to make the steering harder.

VirginRider 10-13-2003 10:11 PM

yea I was thinking the same, thats why I through the holeshots in front and put the spidys in the back

hondatv 10-19-2003 11:48 AM

I have been riding on spiders for years and love them. They are a little heavy but they are 6 ply. I did try the Sur Trak's, they do hook up in a straight line but suck in turns. The spiders some times hook up to much, but are very predictable. Just my .02