Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

28" TriClaws....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-1999, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey RandallB!,

Well if you work at the AC dealer in Dublin then you should know Brad Lord. He posted earlier in this topic and says he works there also. Huh! Small world! By the way I live around Swainsboro and I've been wanting to ride over in that direction. Got any good mudholes over there? Anyway, you say you're inthe process of getting Tri-Claws. What kinda and what size of bike do you have? Give me a shout if you want to ride.

"LOCK 'EM AND LEAVE 'EM!!!"
SwampMonster

1999 Foreman 450S Vamped and Snorkeled

Old 12-12-1999, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

He has a quad like me and Andy. Arctic Cat 500. I bet you're starting to think us AC guys are going to jump you.

Old 12-12-1999, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

Nah! Not worried about being jumped. I would like to get together with some of these AC guys that live near where I live and go riding. I haven't gotten the chance to ride with any yet. In fact the only one I recall seeing was at a mud bog they had near here and the guy just crept in to the hole and stopped. He had Tri-Claws all the way around if I remember right. It wasn't the tires that killed him it was just that he neede momentum to get started in the hole, but stopped in his tracks.

SwampMonster Vamped and Snorkeled

Glad to hear feedback about the Tri-Claws though!

Old 12-12-1999, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

I know what you mean. I embareised my self my getting stuck it a hole that I should be able to go threw but I didn't have enough momentum. Both the 450s with 27" Mud Bugs and the 450es with 26" vamps and a lift kit made it but they used more momentum.

[This message has been edited by BONER (edited 12-12-1999).]

Old 12-13-1999, 11:20 AM
Range Rover

Hey Swampmonster,

I sent you an e-mail. Hehe, yeah it is a small world indeed. I know Randall he started working with us a while back. We haven't had a chance to go riding yet, but we will someday.

Thanks

Brad

Old 12-13-1999, 11:25 AM
Range Rover

I think you guys forget that there is no hard fast rule for which tire or even ATV is the best. It all depends on many variables: rider's taste, riders's ability, and most important, the type of mud your're in. Here in southeast Missouri, we ride out on the sandbar at the Mississippi river. I'm
getting ready to buy the Tri-claws, although I think more people are running the Vampires around here. Bottom line...when it's wet here--no tire matters, your're stuck.

Old 12-28-1999, 09:50 PM
Trailblazer

Well, well, well. As luck would have it I was riding through town today and noticed a new Polaris dealership, so I decided to pop my head in and take a look around. They had a nice little setup (only been open for about 2 1/2 weeks). What suprised me though was to see sets of Tri-Claw tires sitting in the showroom. That is an oddity around here, we don't see many. I started talking to the salesperson about the price on the tires, etc., and she told me that they were carrying them because everyone had Vamps and Swampers around here. She also said they would probably sell some at a "good" price to get some out in the mud. So I hope to see some popping up around here and get to ride with some of the guys that buy them. They are a gnarly looking tire, I'll give them that. But I'm still curious about real world riding. I'll post when I find out something.

SwampMonster

1999 Foreman 450S Locked, Vamped, and Snorkeled (Will be lifted by the end of this week!)

Old 01-13-2000, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

Hi! Guys. I'm NEW here - I've been reading all of the forums for last 3-4 days and decided to sign up. I've got my wife doing the typing because it takes me a week to type HELLO; she's my Sweetie and riding partner. (Hello Guys)
Now, to the subject...
Sweetie's got a Big Bear 2000 with 26 x 9.5 x 12 BiClaws front, 26 x 12 x 12 BiClaws rear. Really haven't had a chance to test them in the mud yet. I've got a 450 S, yellow, lifted, 26 x 12 x 12 TriClaw at all 4 corners, ITP chrome with black centers and an Oxlite bumper with a 2000 lb. Warn winch mounted to bumper. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
I'm also thinking about getting a locker for it.
Me, Sweetie and some friends was in Culleden, GA last weekend on a Poker Run.
When we finally got to the Cow Pond that was setup for MUDDING there was a guy there on a ES that had 27" Vamps. He came over to look at my TriClaws and wanted me to do some MUDDING with him. We went through 2 or 3 times in the same places, neither of us had a problem. He pointed out another area for me to go through. Me, not knowing how deep it was told him I would go after he did. He dove in, got stuck and had to be winched out. I went in that same spot and it took a little doing, but I did come out on the other side. That has sold me on the TriClaws.
I read some of the Forums on the new 28" Vamps with the deeper lugs and in my opinion it could be the makers of the Vamps are a little worried about the TriCaws.
We live in Hampton GA and have been to some of the Poker Runs around here. We've met some really nice folks. The Runs have been a lot of fun and challenging. We know of some really good places to ride. I bet y'all know of some good rides in your area. There will be another Poker Run on February 6 in Culloden. I'll be calling down there later this month and I'll send you the info.
Hope you can make it! We can test our tires in the MUD!!!!!

Old 01-13-2000, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

I am confused TRICLAW, the Tri-claws don't come in 26" sizes. Go here: http://www.mudtires.com/indexj.html

You should love it.

Old 01-14-2000, 09:17 AM
Trailblazer

Hey TRICLAW!

Welcome to the forum!

I was planning on attending the run over at Culloden (wasn't it like Dec.5?), but ended up on the other side if the country for work. If you can get some info on the next run I would appreciate it. I would really like to be able to compare my Vamps to your Tri-Claws in a real world application. I don't know if you saw my pictures, but I've got a 1999 Foreman 450S with 27x12x12 Vamps, locked, lifted, snorkeled, and many other little tricks. I love to play in the mud!

Hope to see ya at Culloden.

<a href="http://briefcase.yahoo.com/waynemcclellen">Pictures of the SWAMPMONSTER<a/>

------------------

SwampMonster