Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

I want everybodies opinion on tire they like best

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want everybodies opinion on tire they like best

Im looking for a light weight, smooth travel mud tire. Im looking at stock size maybe one size bigger. What do you guys think?

Old 05-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ITP makes great tires. I've been running mudlites for a while. Only complaint is they get torn up from the rocky areas I ride in, but great in mud and smooth. The terracross are also great tires. My next set, though, I think will be the grim reapers! They are 8 ply and look bad a**! Maybe someone here has them and can tell us how they like them?

Old 05-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I haven't changed from my stock 489s yet. I've talked to alot of folks out on the trail and the consensus seems to be that the ITP Mudlite XTRs are number one on most peoples lists. The ITP Mudlite XLs are a softer compound mud tire that are very lightweight.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tires

Kenda "Exacution" looks like a bad to the bone mud tire.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default tires

if you decide to go with the ITP don't by them off Ebay. The set i purchased was crap, seconds or somethin. I prefer Maxxis Big Horns!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

I often wonder how much of the problem is really the tire.... or is it the rider's ability? I know that when I get stuck I immediately blame it on the stupid tire and swear I'm getting different ones next time! LOL!

Old 05-29-2009, 02:51 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.

I went with Green Ball's Spartacus tires for my Hawk. They are 8 ply..yes 8 ply radials that have a moderatly agressive tread but still have enough lugs to be a good trail tire. Also the weight was pretty good, less than 20 lbs each. Price wise was the best all around tires I found. Lol...if I ever get home I'll get some pics posted.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

I've had ITP Mudlites, Interco Swamplites and now Maxxis Zillas.
The Mudlites I liked the least due to the fact they measured way smaller than actual size and I had sidewall slices through the tire many times. They did have a nice tread design.
The Interco Swamplites I liked. They measured a little taller than stated size and had good trail and decent mud capabilities. They do seem to wear quickly if you ride pavement at all.
The Zillas I've only had for about 400 miles or so but I like them best (so far). They ride smooth at speed and clean themselves of mud well. The only thing I don't know yet is how they will wear.
I hear great things of the radials but I haven't been able to bring myself to spend that kind of money for an ATV tire-LOL
Hope this helps
Buck

Old 05-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

I like the looks of the spartacus tire. I especially like the 8 plies. Let us know how you like them later. I'm pretty sure my next set will be 8 ply and definitely not mudlites!

Old 05-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like your describing the maxxis zilla's. Super light, great in mud, and much smoother than your normal mud tire on the trails.

Quick Reply: I want everybodies opinion on tire they like best