Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Artrax ctx tire review!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Ean
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Artrax ctx tire review!!

I have found a lot of helpful information on this website when I was looking at these tires there wasn't that many reviews on them so I thought I would make my own so first off these tires ride amazing I was very impressed these are a true all terrain tire except for sand they suck in any type of sand these tires replaced my stock mud lites they actually do better in mid than the mudlites on hardpack they also do great I live around gravel/sand creeks and these tires suck in sand but they are worth it in every other aspect they wear like iron I have about 400 miles on the with very little wear if you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them!

Old 05-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Nice looking tires. Have you been in snow with them?

Old 05-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Ean
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Nice looking tires. Have you been in snow with them?
No snow in Alabama I wish there was looks fun!

Old 05-04-2016, 07:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the last part where you said they wear like iron. That makes them much like the Bighorns but with a little better traction. Its hard to find a good tire that offers good traction in all sorts of conditions but also lasts a long time. You usually have to give up some longevity to get good traction as the softer tires usually grip better but don't last as long. These look like they would be a good utv tire also assuming they have sufficient weight rating to handle the extra bulk.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by greg74
I like the last part where you said they wear like iron. That makes them much like the Bighorns but with a little better traction. Its hard to find a good tire that offers good traction in all sorts of conditions but also lasts a long time. You usually have to give up some longevity to get good traction as the softer tires usually grip better but don't last as long. These look like they would be a good utv tire also assuming they have sufficient weight rating to handle the extra bulk.
They make a radial version, that is supposed to be for utvs.
I just got a set of the bias ply version that are on sale at Motosport, so far I am impressed with them, the wider stance, and square corners of these tires make them feel much more stable on the off camber, than the stock tires I had on my Yamaha Kodiak 450, with more ground clearance, to boot.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just ordered 4 26x9-12 Artrax CTX Radial tires for my 2003 Yamaha Grizzly 660. I'm looking forward to receiving them and in installing them on my Grizzly in place of the GBC Gator 28x10-12 and 28x12-12s that were installed on it when I bought it. Great looking tires and all of the reviews I've read on it have been great.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like a good tire for the rocks!

Old 08-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ordered the tires yesterday afternoon and UPS delivered them this afternoon. I took them to my tire man and he mounted them for me on my stock aluminum rims. Great service and great looking tires!

Bill

Old 08-11-2017, 11:04 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's one of several tires that look like copies of Bighorns. I've heard good things about Bighorns on the forum and expect these to be good too. The Artrax version has mostly 5 star reviews.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tire Pressure for Artrax CTX?

What tire pressure are you finding to be a good range for your Artrax CTX tires?

Bill

Quick Reply: Artrax ctx tire review!!