Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Lt230 clutch actuator pinion shaft

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 02:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt230 clutch actuator pinion shaft

Hi all! New to the atv world and i have a few problem childs accumulated in the past month. Most recently i acquired a 1985 suzuki lt230 believe s the previous owner threw the chain and broke the case 2 years ago and let it sit. I replaced the case cover and torn entire bike apart to clean up and powder coat for my sons christmas gift. Put back together and fired up on 3rd kick. Not bad considering i have kick started anything in about 15 years and im new to the decompression thing. Ok so to the point when i took the clutch shaft out i just slide it straight up with a little resistance it came out i Didnt mean to pull shaft.... was trying to remove the arm itself. Well have the quad put back togather and it looks great and sounds great. But i have no spring back on the clutch lever. Meaning when i sqeeze the lever it just pulls the cable and it stays that way. Am i missing anything? There is not external spring. Stuck clutch pack? Please help i would love to see him riding it asap. Thanks all and be safe!