Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

New tires!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 03:19 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Each ATV tire has a recommended seating psi. Have to be careful going beyond it. One trick I've used is to put a ratchet strap around the whole tire to make it rest against the rim so seating is easier. Even did it after a crash where a tire got de-rimmed.
That's what my friends do if they need to. That or the old starting fluid trick. I used my winch with the ****** block hanging from a sturdy tree branch to lift the back of a friends quad off the ground so we could work on it. One side of the tire was still on the rim but not the other side. We got it back on and seated but no one had an air compressor. At the bottom of the hill we were on top of someone had a bicycle tire pump they let us borrow. It took a few people taking turns to pump it up. Everything worked out in the end but it was an experience I don't care to repeat.

I had so many bags of yard waste and other stuff to put out to the curb today that I decided to haul it with my little red wagon. It's called a Big Foot Wagon and has pneumatic tires with inner tubes. I had to air them up since it's been sitting unused for years. The tires are marked 4.10/3.50-4 but they're 10" diameter. It sure doesn't take long to air them up. They look just like trailer tires except for the size and it says not for highway use on them. No kidding? You can't run something with 4" wheels on the highway? I guess I'll be leaving my wagon at home when I go on vacation.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the SunF 033 tires on my ATV. I like them a lot. Ride smooth but have lots of traction.

I've got about 300 miles or so on them so far. Seem to be wearing pretty well.

I'd buy them again.