Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

SIERRA CLUB SUCKS NUTS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIERRA CLUB SUCKS NUTS!

i ride at oceano dunes all the time. is ne body else out there as pissed about the closing of the dunes as i am? they r slowly shutting down our play area! i've known about the beach closure in the 80's (i'm pretty sure it was the 80's) and i was out there when they were fencing off the newest closed area in july. i just read online that they r saying "half close and half open is fair to all" i can't beleive that! they have already closed over 90% of the original dunes, and they want to close half of what's left! if they get their way then there's going to be less than 700 acres left! out of 15,000 acres! does anybody have any more info on what's going on with them? also, if you know of any stores or websites that let you create your own T-shirt please tell me. i would love to make an anti-sierra club T-shirt.

Old 07-18-2003, 02:43 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a sticker in the back window of a Jeep. It said, "Sierra Club, Save This Bird". It was a picture of a guy with his middle finger out.

Old 07-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

CroBiker-
I feel your pain! They are trying to close many dune area's and always try and use the "half closed half open" statement which is total BS.
I suggest getting involved! Join one or some of the org's fighting to keep dune area's open. Pismo's org is <a href="http://www.oceanodunes.org" target=_blank&gt;www.oceanodunes.org</A>
There is also www.duners.org and www.americansandassociation.org
Here is a complete list of Org's:
http://www.crowley-offroad.com/Banner_Exchange.htm

And here is the shirt you wanted [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
http://www.crowley-offroad.com/T-Shirts.htm

Get involved or loose it all!

Old 07-18-2003, 04:20 PM
Range Rover

My friend has a "Sierra Club Sucks" whip on his quad. He go tit at steve's atv rental right at Pismo.

Old 07-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

awesome. thanx for the info. i'm gonna have to get one of those whips next time i'm at steves (i'm always at steves). i'll check out that shirt too and i'm gonna join one of those organizations.

Old 07-19-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

Some guy on ebay had an awesome shirt that had calvin pissin on the sierra club on the back and I think it had calvin ridin a quad on the front. I wish I wouldve bought one.

Old 07-19-2003, 04:41 AM
zoo
Pro Rider

They have been chipping away at Pismo since the mid to late 70s. My father was big into the jeep clubs then and it was always a battle with these leaf lovers. They use any excuse to close down land for everything except their nature hikes. As far as pismo goes, first it was some kind of sand flea they were trying to save then it was the sand grass. Next it will be each individual grain of sand.

Save our riding areas - drag a sierra club member behind your quad.

Old 07-19-2003, 10:58 AM
Trailblazer

yea, the environmentalists are hard at work... this is a problem that should concern all riders...if they get there way, we will have no place to ride in 10 to 20 yrs!!

Old 07-20-2003, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

if u think it will take 10-20 years, then ur being optomistic. if they get their way, it'll be closed by new years.

Old 08-14-2003, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live in the Pismo/Grover/Oceano area and though I don't ride on the beach, I am in no way against everyone else having fun on the dunes. I do object with the Sierra Club eco-whacko green-gestapo tree-hugging-***** who want to stop practically all human existance on the beaches and in the forests. If they have their way and they usually do, after all they are nothing more than a bunch of fat lawyers who sit in cushy high rises up in San Francisco and dictate to you what you shouldn't do all in the name of "environmentalism". BS!!

Join an organization and get involved. Don't sit back and wait to see what happens.

astreaux1

Quick Reply: SIERRA CLUB SUCKS NUTS!