Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Dumont Dunes on Presidents day questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 03:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont Dunes on Presidents day questions

Killing bikes? lol, alittle far fetched don't ya think? j/k Fastest 686 I've come across. I gotta give you props that thing moves. Anyways I was the one riding the blue yfz you kept pulling to the top and buming cigs off of [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Had fun meeting everybody down there.

john

Old 01-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

what up dogggg,what's going on nice to hear from you,when is the next trip for you,i will be heading to glamis tomorrow for 4swIII..going to be there for presidents day are you ?

Old 01-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer

IS anyone going to be at Dumont on Presidents day weekend?

Old 01-16-2004, 01:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'll be at dumont this coming monday and tuesday and will hopefully be making a trip to glamis the following saturday and sunday. I'll be out for presidents for sure though. I've got to figure out a way to beat you inbetween time. just something about getting beat by a raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2004, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

sounds good..see you then![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Goliath
Thanks for the info. We can't wait to get out there and check it out. We've been to Pismo quite a bit and were looking for something different to check out.

Thanks again for the help. Are you going to be out there?
Text

Old 01-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Goliath, I was doing the same thing before I finally made it out to Dumont. Let's just say that I never wanted to go back to Pismo. Night and day difference. The Dunes at Dumont are sick as hell, steep and tall. Towering. If Pismo dunes are the only dunes that you have ridden, be very careful if you go to Dumont at the crest of the dunes. There are a lot of razorbacks, and if you don't slow down enough at the top of the dune, you are going to go flying off the back side of the dune. The drawback of Dumont is that it's in the middle of nowhere and you have to go well- prepared, it's more than an hour round-trip to the nearest market. What's cool about Pismo is that the Dunes are on the Beach and you could just drive into town within minutes. Have fun.

Old 01-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey I'm new here and I will be going out to Dumont for my first time on Prez. day weekend. One ques. I have is that I have a 2wheel drive truck, is the sand in the camping area packed or will I get stuck?

Old 01-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Bakobanshee thanks for the info. We can't wait to check it out. Were counting the days until it's here. About 3 weeks now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'm sure we'll still hang out at pismo but this sounds like a cool place to go to also.
I went to Hollister hills this past weekend. If you haven't been there check it out. It was the best place I've seen so far. Atv heaven.

Have a good one.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer

"Hey I'm new here and I will be going out to Dumont for my first time on Prez. day weekend. One ques. I have is that I have a 2wheel drive truck, is the sand in the camping area packed or will I get stuck?"

I've heard both. They say if you want to get in deeper you better have a 4X4. But I don't think it's like driving on the beach. We have a 4X4 so it's all good.

Hope to see you out there.

Quick Reply: Dumont Dunes on Presidents day questions