ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Dunes and Dune Machines (https://atvconnection.com/forums/dunes-dune-machines/)
-   -   Will Halloween ever get here?? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/dunes-dune-machines/172563-will-halloween-ever-get-here.html)

1Toby1 09-15-2004 11:36 AM

Will Halloween ever get here??

Ok all you Imperial duners, is it just me, or does it seem like dune season is taking FOREVER to get here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I am about to go out of my mind with anticipation of the first trip of the year. I have made quite a few trips to the cinders to try to quench my thirst for the dunes but it just isn't the same. How are all of you keeping your free time occupied until that magical opening weekend, and what are all of your plans once it comes??

HA2 09-15-2004 03:07 PM

it would be, but my bike wont be ready so i dont care now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i was hoping to have a new spiffy costume for halloween drags too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

chode 09-15-2004 05:15 PM

Yeah I agree I can't sit still. My crew is going October 28th to November 1st. I hope this is a kick ass season.....what am I thinking of course it will be.

Freakneh 09-17-2004 01:29 AM

I feel your pain my brutha!!!! It's been on my mind like that Volkswagon commercial with the little car stuck to the side of the guys head....the car keeps getting bigger the more he thinks about it.... I'm sitting in a pile of sand....
We're doing Glamis...probably leaving Thurs, coming home Monday...

440grl 09-17-2004 02:11 AM

I think just about every other day I tell my boyfriend "I can't wait for Halloween!!!" The Cinders don't quite do it for me, either....as fun as they are. Just isn't the same........

Soon, guys....

In the meantime, I just race and ride on the weekends.......one weekend at a time!!

chode 09-17-2004 12:24 PM

where does everyone in here usually camp at glamis ?

HA2 09-17-2004 02:16 PM

gecko or by olds sand highway.

Freakneh 09-17-2004 02:29 PM

I'll do Olds sand highway on an off weekend....but it's too dusty, and busy for me during a holiday. I'll usually stick to the washes on a holiday weekend....the further back the better. It means a little longer ride to the hill, but who cares as long as your in sand!!!

HA2 09-17-2004 03:20 PM

we dont camp where its dusty and every else camps by the entrance to the sand highway right there. usually a little further in towards olds. gecko is the best about dust, but worst about noise and the man. i hate the washes because of the dust. the best camping experience i think is gordons for camp appeal even though it can get dusty, but the riding in glamis is better.

IMO there is no good place to camp at glamis. pick what you want to put up with.

1BADRAPTOR 09-17-2004 05:41 PM

wash 14, far from entrance ans straight shot to the hill from camp.....