Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Who has the baddest quad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 01:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who has the baddest quad?

Afterburner, isn't that grill kind of a bad idea? Or are you only running short drags with a bigger/better fan?

Old 05-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was installed during a PR event for ALBA during a Dirt Wheels photo shoot. The ALBA Pro Elite series equipment came out, so we ran some pics with it and the nerfs on. For the actual hi-speed runs, the VERY small flame bumper is installed. The fan on this bike runs all the time anyways because we have to scavenge air since we run a smooth Fullbore custom nose for aerodynamics.

Ta-Ta![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

what about mine as far as it being a blaster anyways. Tell me what you think.

Old 05-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
no 2-stroke has gone 3.2 in 300ft. Didnt DSmike go 4.4 also?

Im working on something now though that should run pretty good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Sorry about that miss type Dabeechman. 3.4? in 300ft.

Not sure if he ever got the 4.4. And besides he no longer runs a Ds.

Old 05-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: afterburner
It was installed during a PR event for ALBA during a Dirt Wheels photo shoot. The ALBA Pro Elite series equipment came out, so we ran some pics with it and the nerfs on. For the actual hi-speed runs, the VERY small flame bumper is installed. The fan on this bike runs all the time anyways because we have to scavenge air since we run a smooth Fullbore custom nose for aerodynamics.

Ta-Ta![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
That was what I was referring to, the smooth grill/hood/nose piece. You have blocked off pretty much all air flow to the radiator, yet you still have your rear fenders and some of your fronts. Seems kind of like an odd place to start trimming for aero doesnt it? Especialy when you are doing sustained top speed runs?

Old 05-21-2005, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

We thought of that, but my legs are there anyways, so we left them. It's a good place for the sponsor stickers, if anything. Guiness wouldn't let us install airdams or any wheel covers. So, we quit there. If I had posted better resolution pics, you'd notice we used fish line to support the fenders even more because we tore a set off during a sustained 125mph run. Let's face facts, ATV's just weren't designed for those kinds of air loads, so we did all kinds of hokey things to keep it together. Even superglue on some of the graphic edges. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

bl4cksh337, nice Blaster.

Dabeech,

Dunefest 2005???????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2005, 03:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

you dont want non...lol

sure ill race you though, should i spot you a second or two? lol

Old 05-21-2005, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

You give me a second or two in 300' and I'll return the favor by giving you 100 yards in a 1 mile flying start.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

In all seriousness, what's the new project I heard you were workin on, or is that just a cyber rumor????

And think Dunefest in Oregon, say it over and over 100 times......Dunefest, Dunefest.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

fastest four stroke on the sand... is either the kenz cycle 727 turbo/nos bike or the GP Racing 780. Pick up a copy for the years Four Str0ke Wars to find out. PM if you want the link on where to purchase the DVD

Old 05-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think as soon as i install my turbo kit to my big bore banshee I'll let you people know.I also have another banshee project with nitrous kit with also a big bore kit.

Quick Reply: Who has the baddest quad?