ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Dunes and Dune Machines (https://atvconnection.com/forums/dunes-dune-machines/)
-   -   Sandgod & Duners - Which are the best Dunes? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/dunes-dune-machines/214078-sandgod-duners-best-dunes.html)

yoshz 08-19-2005 04:40 AM

Sandgod & Duners - Which are the best Dunes?

Sandgod, nice pics, nice air! I noticed that you have been to most of the dune areas around here. Which do you like the best? I live in Utah county about an hour from Little Sahara. How does St. Anthony compare to Little Sahara and Dumont? Is Choke Cherry bigger/steeper than Sand Mountain? How about the bowls? Who has the tallest, the steepest, the best bowls etc.? I have been to Dumont, Armagosa, Coral Pink, and Little Sahara Utah[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

ShadyRascal 08-19-2005 10:17 AM

Well, Sandgod is at St Anthony right this minute if that tells you anything. The St Anthony dunes are bigger and steeper than Little Sahara, although Sand Mountain is way taller than any thing at St A, it's not as steep and it's only one hill. St A has miles of huge steep ones and MONSTER bowls. See my pix there's a few shots in there all at St A. I was at Dumont earlier this year, it was okay, but doesn't stack up either.

Heading that way in a few hours, anyone else going there this weekend?

Seadog2 08-19-2005 01:51 PM

SR

Notice snow on those Mts in the background in that Choke Cherry pic. What kinda snowmobiles you ride??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Crapo85 08-20-2005 03:00 AM

St. anthony by far!! I have many pics My webshots!!

CTracingraptor 08-21-2005 03:32 AM

if you want to run the big hills where the big boys come out to play take a trip to Flagstaff, AZ and visit the cinders. By far the biggest hills on the west coast...

Sandgod 08-22-2005 12:09 AM

Just got back from Sa's. I will have helmet cam vids of the big stuff in 2-5 days on dunereview.com and you can experience what it is like to bowl Devils playground, Choke Cherry Hill and other area's... Sa's has the best dunes in the country. Glamis is no better then LS, Utah.. Sand rails love Sa's because there is 10 miles of monster dunes that just flow like being on a roller coaster.. LS Utah has some big dunes but Sa's has 20x more of them that just go on forever.. Glamis people think they have the best dunes, that's because they haven't experienced MONSTER DUNES!!!! Dumont blows in my opinion unless you live by there and it's your weekend dune spot.. We go 30x a year to LS, Utah because it is 90 minutes away. With Sa's being only 4hrs away we are lucky and I know it!!!

newbomber 08-22-2005 12:26 AM

I will be moving to Logan UT in October, how far is it to LS and St.A's from there? How late in the year can you go to each place before it gets too cold. Remember, I am coming from the Phoenix, AZ area where it is super hot!

NEWDUCK 08-22-2005 12:34 AM

Both trips take about 3hrs to St-anthony or Little Sahara so we are right smack dab in the middle. Are you moving to logan or a city by logan?

newbomber 08-22-2005 12:49 AM

I will be moving to North Logan!

Sandgod 08-22-2005 12:50 AM

Yup 3hrs each way. When it's to hot in Utah you go to Idaho. Utah is in the off season for a couple more weeks then it's 3 months till the snow. flies. Both are great places, but Sa's is better. Utah has the best drag racing hill in the country if that's your cup of tea.. I love bowls and Sa's has the best. I love to jump and Utah has waaaay more jumps. Utah dunes are more technical then Idahos...You must experience Glamis once in your lifetime, but your experience and fun factor will bring you back to Sa's year after year.. Camping is great in Sa's and if you don't have a camp trailer hotels are 10 minutes away. WOW!!!!