ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Dunes and Dune Machines (https://atvconnection.com/forums/dunes-dune-machines/)
-   -   Little Sahara Utah Easter??? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/dunes-dune-machines/32181-little-sahara-utah-easter.html)

WyoRider 02-25-2001 10:33 AM

I'm thinking about going to Little Sahara, Utah during the Easter weekend. Is this a good idea? I've read that the place gets pretty crouded and there is not enough camping spots to hold everybody. Also what kind of weather can I expect during that time? Thanks for any help or advice.

DSjockey 02-25-2001 12:00 PM

Ya its normaly crowded at L.S. on easter, it,s good to get there early to get a camping spot, I would try to arrive Friday afternoon/eavening. we like the Oasis campground, not to far from Sand Mountain but far enough so you can get some sleep. we've made several trips to L.S. and it's great sand riding, we're going in april but I think not on easter. You might try posting at Planet sand that is the web site for L.S. www.planetsand.com good to check out before going. Weather should be good then but check the forecast online for Delta it's 30 mi. west of L.S. . It's pretty hot in the summer there, St. Anthony ID. was great last July 4.

Sandgod 02-25-2001 01:39 PM

There will be anywhere between 20,000-35,000 people on Easter weekend. Even getting there on wed or thurs wouldn't hurt. It can snow or be 70 degrees. There's usually alot of serious injury's, mostly do to drinking, six bucks a day no matter if you drag in a Semi of quads, flags required. Being CAREFUL isn't a big enough word. All the people who sink their life into their hillshooters will be there. It's quite a show. GSXR 1100's w/ nitros in a 250 or banshee frame. Bring your CAMERA!!!!!!!!!

DSjockey 02-26-2001 02:29 AM

Hey sandgod are you going on easter?we're definetly going in april but probably won't call the date till we're closer, been thrashing this puter this weekend, think i've got it fixed now.

Sandgod 02-26-2001 06:54 PM

I might go on Easter, but will just bring my camcorder and camera and ride very casual. Don't want to be a statistic. I only live 90 miles away so we go all the time. All my friends who ride (17) are planning a trip the weekend before Easter. The last weekend in April the A.M.A Supercross is in town, so won't be going that weekend. Let me know I'll go anytime!!

DSjockey 02-26-2001 07:04 PM

Hey WyoRider do you ever get to the North Sand Hills by Walden Co.

WyoRider 02-26-2001 07:17 PM

Yep, I go there all the time. Walden was my first sand dune riding experience. Now that's all I want to do except at bigger & better places. This year I plan to go to Utah, Oregon for Sandfest and probably St. Anthony again. Check my web site (which I built just yesterday) maybe you've seen me at Walden.

Anybody else going out at/around Easter time???

DSjockey 02-26-2001 09:36 PM

the Killpecker dunes huh, we took 191 to St. Anthony's last year and saw signs about the Red Desert and got some BLM info but never heard or saw anything about this, gonna have to go now. Hey thats a good site you have there, wish our photo'sm were that good, lots of pics of us taking breaks, I think I have seen you up at Walden but hav'ent meet you. I think you'll have a blast at Little Sahara, I'm 43 so I'll pass on the party weekends but we'll be out there sometime in April, sorry about the novel here

WyoRider 02-27-2001 07:22 PM

DSjockey, Thanks for the nice comments about the site, I plan on getting more and more on there as I scan pics and make more trips. Anyway, Rock Springs (Killpecker dunes) is not bad except the razorbacks are everywhere (ouch). Also no facilities except the outhouse. Hardly anybody goes there so you have lots of room. I look at it this way; Rock Springs is to Walden what St. Anthony is to Rock Springs.

Sandgod 02-27-2001 10:31 PM

How do you get to your dunes. You need to go to L.S. Utah, approx 50,000 acres. I sent you some pictures!