Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Seminoe Sand Dunes, Wyoming

Old 04-10-2018, 03:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seminoe Sand Dunes, Wyoming

Hello All,

I moved to Colorado a few years ago from California. I always rode the dunes all up and down the coast. I love Coos Bay and the lower part of Oregon. I don't think you can ride better dunes than that! However I have not been out to Utah yet... I heard they some pretty knarly dunes.....Anyways, I am taking the family out to Seminoe Sand Dunes in late July. Any information on this place would be greatly appreciated, since I cannot find any details except for the state website, but that doesn't tell you which one is the best camp marker to get out of the 80 they have. How far is the lake in case we want to go swimming. There are three sites on the website, North Red Hills, South Red Hills, and Sunshine Beach. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also any information on Spark Arrestors? My powercores do not have any, will I get dinged in Wyoming? Thank you in advance.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I don't know about the Seminoe Sand Dunes. We went to Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park last year, just for a day ride. Was fun for we East Coasters that don't have dunes to ride. Planning on Little Sahara for a day also. You do need a spark arrestor muffler on your quad.

ATV laws: https://site.utah.gov/stateparks/wp-...aft_INTER8.pdf

Old 04-11-2018, 02:44 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Besides many different states' laws, if you ride any federal land, like trails in a national forest, you need a spark arrester too. I'm not sure where you don't need one. On a race track I guess.