ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Dunes and Dune Machines (https://atvconnection.com/forums/dunes-dune-machines/)
-   -   NEED HELP PLANNING LITTLE SAHARA TRIP (https://atvconnection.com/forums/dunes-dune-machines/41645-need-help-planning-little-sahara-trip.html)

MXBUBS 06-17-2001 09:58 PM

Im looking for any locals to show me the best jumping and hillclimbing at little sahara....im planning a trip in august, any advice would be appreciated..

Sandgod 06-17-2001 11:01 PM

Well I assume you mean Utah, because I haven't heard of any big dunes in Oklahoma. Leave me an email and I can send you some mouth watering pics.

Troy125 06-20-2001 04:19 PM

Hey Sandgod,
drop me some pics. t_ev16@hotmail.com thanks

Dill 06-23-2001 10:06 PM

actually there are some big dunes in Oklahoma, at Little Sahara State Park, near Waynoka, Oklahoma, with alot of camping and what not.

DSjockey 06-24-2001 06:52 PM

I've only seen the web site for Little Sahara Ok., I think they say dunes to 100' it just can't compare to Little Sahara Ut., Sand mtn. is 700', there are huge bowls on the back side, have you seen these sites?
Planet Sand Wyo Duner theres some photos on both sites

REX 06-24-2001 11:44 PM

Little Sahara State Park in Waynoka, OK. The big dunes are on the north side. If you camp in the north campground, (only open on weekends) then you enter the dunes right at the big dunes. If you camp in the south, or main campground you must go all the way to the north side. It is really not that far so its no big deal from whichever campground you are in. As far as jumping places this changes daily. A spot that is great today, is not tomorrow. The wind changes the tops of the dunes daily and so one must just keep watching out for good jumping places. If there are lots of people there its no problem to find good jumping spots, just look for the crowds. Anywhere there is good jumping there will be a crowd there watching.
LS is not that big so you will have no problem finding what you are looking for. If you need any more info feel free to email me and I will be glad to help you out.
REX

650MANIAC 07-01-2001 01:04 AM

Hey Rex are you still planning a trip for roostfest in september? If so maybe we'll see you there. We are going up september 9-16 we'll be there all week. We are planning on camping at the same spot that we was at rattlesnake weekend. I have my 650 down right now fixxing to move up to the Team-Pami 703 kit.

turtle 07-03-2001 11:37 AM

Rex, could you tell me how big are the biggest hill at Little-Sahara Ok.
We may want to go there but just want to know if it worth the trip.
Thank's for your help.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

SpdRcr 07-18-2001 11:09 AM

Hey turtle it is not worth coming from quebec. It is a good place to go for the surrounding states but if I were you I would go to Ut or Ca. If you dont mind the travel then by all means go.

FastAsHeck400EX 07-25-2001 02:49 AM

The biggest hill at LS in Waynoka was not a challenge for me. I hit it at the bottom in 4th gear and pulled it easily with my nearly stock 400EX as you can see. I had my stock tires also. The riding is good and stuff though.

Here is an aerial pic of the dunes
Little Sahara Dunes Pic