Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Saint Anthony Dune Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saint Anthony Dune Thread

We went this morning, no snow, wet sand. We left for home about noon before the wind came up, it was a good ride.

Old 03-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

How long til sand is dry?Thanks a lot for keeping us up to date. late,zubbeyboy

Old 03-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer

It's not that wet, riding is good. The way the wind has been blowing, if we dont get rain for a day or two I am sure it will be dry. I am going to go again Thursday, I expect it will be really good by then. With the strong winds we've had this last week the dunes have really changed. There are flat patches of rocks where there once small dunes, BE CAREFULL. There are some pretty good jumps right now.

Old 03-23-2003, 01:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

wassup guys,
I have some news that may not be good.I went to st A's this weekend to meet up with a friend of mine who stayed over night .He was told by the local law inforcement that just passed through that BLM and either the city or parks and recreation are fighting over the revenue that is going to be made from the new camp grounds at egin lake.According to this cop this has delayed the construction.He said that now the camp grounds are not going to be done until probably close til the end of july.When we asked where we could camp he said that you can still camp along the road leading in to egin lake or at one of the other camp grounds (ie resort,or that new one that one farmer made).The problem I forsee for this is that there is not going to be enough camp grounds for all of us on the busy months up there so be prepared for it when you come.I myself dont like the resort for camping do to the fact that by the time you get over to the big dunes your out of gas,but if thats all there is what choice do ya get.I will report any further new as I get it.
see ya

Old 03-23-2003, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Dang!! that sucks!! You would think they would have this ALL taken care of BEFORE the builiding takes place,I am with you on this one..Its alot closer and you dont burn all the fuel getting there and its in the middle of both kinds of dunes ..U giess we will have to just kick back and see ..Thanksfor the update,ill let my frineds know a about this cause we are going up in July..

Old 03-23-2003, 03:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

there is the parking lot right before you turn into the lake side some farmer had opened.
every year we go in April and have been able to ride with no restrictions. What's up with all the people who don't ride but want the money from the park?

Banshee (husband)
bombardier DS (wife)

Old 03-23-2003, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

Whats the riding like up there?Are the Dunes Dry?We are planning a trip in the next week or so. late,zubbeyboy

Old 03-24-2003, 05:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dry(er) than they have been. It sprinkled some Saturday night, but the wind has all but dried it out. Mid 40s with the wind blowing, not bad except for the wind. Sand is good with only a few wet patches. If the wind would stop it'd be about perfect, unless you like to stop a lot, then you might want to bring something to keep you warm.

Old 04-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Range Rover

What's the weather like up there now?

Old 04-07-2003, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

eeewww... I bet after our weather today, its lot lookin pretty...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]..... I know of a few that is going up next wk end and the week after, hopes its good riding weather for them...

Quick Reply: Saint Anthony Dune Thread