Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Our August 2013 trip to the Paiute Trail

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

The people of Utah are among the friendliest people I've ever met. Kenny Lone, who met up with us and guided us on Tuesday and Wednesday is a prime example of the people of Utah. It was a blast, and downright fun to ride with him even though we had a breakdown each day he was with us. It didn't really slow us down much and, if anything, cemented a friendship started here on ATVConnection.com.

We were treated fairly in all our transactions and always welcomed wherever we went. From trailside restaurants, and gas stations, to ATV rental shops that treated me fairly, to accommodations to suit everyone's style; we never felt unwanted. The area has seen a decline in the mining industry in the last few decades and the Paiute Trail is a big part of the solution. It is one of those places where there is a new breathtaking view around every corner.

We never felt crowded on the trails except for a tight series of switchbacks above Circleville where we met a group coming up while we were coming down. That took an hour where we had our rigs balanced on the edge of the trail so they could just make it by. Even then we had to push on the roll bars of their RZRs to keep them from bumping our machines off the edge of the cliff. Still, all in all, a great, epic adventure.

If you decide to go, feel free to ask me questions and go over on Specta's thread: http://forums.atvconnection.com/fami...rail-utah.html His pictures and narration are the spark to our going out there.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is AWESOME! I'm so jealous

Old 09-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
The people of Utah are among the friendliest people I've ever met. Kenny Lone, who met up with us and guided us on Tuesday and Wednesday is a prime example of the people of Utah. It was a blast, and downright fun to ride with him even though we had a breakdown each day he was with us. It didn't really slow us down much and, if anything, cemented a friendship started here on ATVConnection.com.
Thank you Moose - those are some awfully nice words.

I felt honored to be a part of your adventure - it's awesome that we could meet here - become friends and eventually shake hands - this is what life is all about - family and friends.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Specta

I felt honored to be a part of your adventure - it's awesome that we could meet here - become friends and eventually shake hands - this is what life is all about - family and friends.
As soon as I left Utah I found myself already wanting to go back.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Specta

If you read this to mean it took a couple days before I had the trust to shake is hand you're reading it right. Just kidding.

It felt more like we had been friends for the last few years and we were just getting out on the quads like we had done a dozen times before. Kenny's pictures, videos, and narratives were a driving force getting me to the point where I wanted to get out there.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Kenny's pic of Paul G. brewing his coffee.

Last edited by MooseHenden; 03-06-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Trailblazer

Good pictures!

Old 09-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

soo many places to ride I just couldn't decide which way to go so I went both directions

Old 09-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Range Rover

Awesome! Next September can't come soon enough (when I'll be making the trip). If only this year...

Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Nice place to ride, the scenery and terrain is a nice mix up. What was your total mileage for the ATV trip?

I guess a few break down are expected on long rides like that.

Quick Reply: Our August 2013 trip to the Paiute Trail