A perfect companion for wherever life takes you - Torxe Tactical Shovels! - Page 2 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Go Back  ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community > The Great Outdoors and Motor Hobbies. > Farming, Beef, Dairy, Insect, Equipment, ETC.
Reload this Page >

A perfect companion for wherever life takes you - Torxe Tactical Shovels!

Farming, Beef, Dairy, Insect, Equipment, ETC. Discussion on farming, beef, dairy, insect, equipment, etc

A perfect companion for wherever life takes you - Torxe Tactical Shovels!

Reply

  #11  
Old 10-17-2018, 07:36 PM
Big Frank's Avatar
Frank Flintstone
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 307
Default

Originally Posted by carid View Post
So the measurements of the hex heads are: 10mm, 14mm and 16mm. Not sure if you can use them for the lugs on the wheels, because the shovel is flat. It should help you in emergency situation, but I wouldn't recommend using it as a tool for wrenching full time. The torque applied to fasten the wheels is pretty high so it may eventually damage the screw-thread in the modular handle. Although the shovel is pretty tough to handle all other abuse.
I know you couldn't get the shovel head inside a deep offset wheel to use the wrench, but a section of the handle would be long enough to reach. That's why I said If the handles could be used for a lug wrench it would be even better. Attaching the other handle sections to that handle section would be the tricky part. And my lug nuts are only supposed to be torqued down to 27 ft.-lbs. The handles shouldn't have too much stress on them.
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-17-2018, 07:44 PM
Big Frank's Avatar
Frank Flintstone
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 307
Default

Originally Posted by MooseHenden View Post
I forget what they're called but there is a pin with a wire spring that is shaped like 1/2 a circle. It clips over the end of the pin and pivots on a couple holes in the pin. Haven't lost one yet.
Like this? The Polaris Multi-Mount winch on my 01' 500 H.O. had 2 of them. It was so easy to take the winch off the back and put it on the front if I needed it up there, that it takes longer for me to type a reply than switching the winch around did. http://wilsonmfgco.com/products/pin/wirelockpin/
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-17-2018, 08:19 PM
Zerk's Avatar
Trailblazer
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: UP
Posts: 58
Default

Originally Posted by MooseHenden View Post
I forget what they're called but there is a pin with a wire spring that is shaped like 1/2 a circle. It clips over the end of the pin and pivots on a couple holes in the pin. Haven't lost one yet.
Ya that is what I used. I got a tractor and shop a lot at fleet farm Still fell off. The clips are not really tight and no weight hold the pin, when strapped on the back of sled. I could probably try again. But the wing nut works, just have to take cloves off . Hope I don't drop in snow.
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-18-2018, 03:59 PM
MooseHenden's Avatar
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 36,032
Default

Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
Like this? The Polaris Multi-Mount winch on my 01' 500 H.O. had 2 of them. It was so easy to take the winch off the back and put it on the front if I needed it up there, that it takes longer for me to type a reply than switching the winch around did. http://wilsonmfgco.com/products/pin/wirelockpin/
That's exactly what I was talking about.
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-18-2018, 10:25 PM
Big Frank's Avatar
Frank Flintstone
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 307
Default

Originally Posted by MooseHenden View Post
That's exactly what I was talking about.
I thought so. My first ATV plow used a pair of the square-cornered ones to attach the push tubes to the mount. I had to lay on the ground and use my foot to push and pull the blade back and forth to get one pin in, then lay on the ground again to do the other side. I had to lay on the ground 2 more times to pull the pins back out. It sucks doing that over and over if you ride in the winter like I did back then. If I had a garage it wouldn't be so bad but I'd still have to lay down on the floor. I hit the curb or the edge of one of the concrete slabs in my driveway hard enough to bend the pins. Until I got spare pins I had to hammer them out straight to put them in again. My Glacier plow fixed that problem. There aren't any pins. If you get the right size pins they'll work on a trailer hitch to keep the lever on the coupler from unlatching, but I always use a lock to be on the safe side.
 
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-12-2018, 07:06 AM
carid's Avatar
Premium Sponsor
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cranbury, NJ
Posts: 20
Default


Torxe Tactical shovels are perfect for survival or general outdoor use as they have everything needed to cover you up in any unexpected situation. You can find all the features of this product and see it in action in our new video on RECREATIONiD YouTube Channel!
 
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Yesterday, 02:14 AM
Big Frank's Avatar
Frank Flintstone
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 307
Default

If I'm wearing pants I always have knife in my pocket, unless I'm in a courthouse where I've have gotten a non-metallic knife past the metal detector, but that's another story. So unless I'm out shoveling with no pants on for some unforeseen reason, I don't need a knife in the shovel handle. The knife in my pocket is a lot easier to get to than that one, but if reaching into my pocket is too much trouble, I'll use the multi-tool that's in a belt pouch on my hip. I already have a shovel that chops wood, and I don't need a wrench that I can't actually use as a wrench. And I can pick mushrooms without a knife. Cutting them makes them go bad a lot faster anyway. I'm thoroughly unimpressed by the last video.
 
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM
scootergptx's Avatar
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 4th Floor, Footwear
Posts: 117,703
Default

Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
If I'm wearing pants I always have knife in my pocket, unless I'm in a courthouse where I've have gotten a non-metallic knife past the metal detector, but that's another story. So unless I'm out shoveling with no pants on for some unforeseen reason, I don't need a knife in the shovel handle. The knife in my pocket is a lot easier to get to than that one, but if reaching into my pocket is too much trouble, I'll use the multi-tool that's in a belt pouch on my hip. I already have a shovel that chops wood, and I don't need a wrench that I can't actually use as a wrench. And I can pick mushrooms without a knife. Cutting them makes them go bad a lot faster anyway. I'm thoroughly unimpressed by the last video.
Seriously, wear the pants.



 
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM
Big Frank's Avatar
Frank Flintstone
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 307
Default

Originally Posted by scootergptx View Post
Seriously, wear the pants.


Yeah, the neighbors wouldn't like the view when I bent over.
 
Reply With Quote
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
4-tracker
General Chat
26
08-18-2018 01:08 PM
1) Engine problems..
1
10-25-2014 09:34 AM
DSNUT
CAN-AM (BRP)
32
05-16-2006 01:05 PM
RAPTORAZ
Yamaha
10
09-07-2003 08:46 PM
Easymac
Honda
4
01-24-2001 06:10 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A perfect companion for wherever life takes you - Torxe Tactical Shovels!


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: