Farming, Beef, Dairy, Insect, Equipment, ETC. Discussion on farming, beef, dairy, insect, equipment, etc

A perfect companion for wherever life takes you - Torxe Tactical Shovels!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 09:14 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A perfect companion for wherever life takes you - Torxe Tactical Shovels!

Over the years shovels have evolved into multifunctional tools that belong to a survival kit for any outdoor, camping or adventure enthusiast, but not all of the shovels on today's market are equal. Today we would like to introduce you the new release from RECREATIONiD – Torxe Tactical Shovels. Made from rustproof wear-resistant stainless steel, they can be used for digging, sawing, chopping and cutting functions. Wondering how is it possible? These shovels are able to replace a knife, bottle opener, igniter, whistle, hammer, screwdriver, ruler and a hex wrench!

Torxe® TTSH-001 - 30.5" Tactical Shovel

https://www.recreationid.com/torxe/3...-ttsh-001.html

Features:

- Overall Length: 30.5"
- Shovel Head Length: 9.65"
- Shovel Head Width: 6"
- Handle Length: 20.85"
- Handle Color: Silver
- Weight: 2.75 lbs
- Replaces a knife, bottle opener, igniter, whistle, hammer, screwdriver, ruler, hex wrench.

Torxe® TTSH-002 - 37" Tactical Shovel

https://www.recreationid.com/torxe/3...-ttsh-002.html

Features:

- Overall Length: 37"
- Shovel Head Length: 10"
- Shovel Head Width: 5.75"
- Handle Length: 27"
- Handle Color: Black
- Weight: 3.86 lbs
- Replaces a knife, bottle opener, igniter, whistle, hammer, ruler.

Get yourself a handy and versatile companion, always ready to help you out – choose Torxe Tactical Shovels!

Old 10-15-2018, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Neat looking tool.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:19 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read something like a Murphy's law a long time ago. It went something like, the more things a tool is designed to do, the less well it will do any of them. That may not apply here, and the longer one is certainly easier to transport than a spear, which could come in handy. And they both far outclass my shovel. I had a G.I. entrenching tool, one of the best things Uncle Sam had for hand to hand combat. I accidentally snapped the handle off, so I welded a piece of 3/4" diameter steel pipe on it short enough to fit inside my front cargo box, with a T-handle about 5" wide on the end. I lopped several tree branches off with it just to see if it would work. If that handle breaks off I'm doing something beyond the capabilities of a regular shovel too.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:32 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Nice, but I have to ask. Does it come in metric and standard for the hex head?

The following users liked this post:
Ulfthednar (10-16-2022)
Old 10-16-2018, 09:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by scootergptx
Nice, but I have to ask. Does it come in metric and standard for the hex head?
Good question, let me go ahead and measure it for you!

Old 10-17-2018, 12:51 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the handles could be used for a lug wrench it would be even better. I need a 14mm.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Big Frank
If the handles could be used for a lug wrench it would be even better. I need a 14mm.
So the measurements of the hex heads are: 10mm, 14mm and 16mm. Not sure if you can use them for the lugs on the wheels, because the shovel is flat. It should help you in emergency situation, but I wouldn't recommend using it as a tool for wrenching full time. The torque applied to fasten the wheels is pretty high so it may eventually damage the screw-thread in the modular handle. Although the shovel is pretty tough to handle all other abuse.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:26 AM
Trailblazer

I would think in many situations you would not b able to get in to use a wrench, Sockets like the screw driver tips might work. MIght be able to use bits from a tool set. Though you wouldn't get alot of leverage using it like a screw driver. Something that slides into to create a T.

I tend to think the screw driver wrench, bottle opener portion, is not very likely to be used.

Being able to screw pieces to create a full size shovel would be nice. Working on your knees or bent over is not fun.

For snow, I took full size snow/grain shovel. Drilled out rivets. Drilled holes bigger, sanded handle down to make it easier to slide in head. Then got bolt an wing nut. I first hand a pin, but it rattle loose. In snow country nice to have big head. But that is for snow mobiling, not atv.

I do have folding shovel on ATV. I hope I don't have to use the little bugger.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
I would think in many situations you would not b able to get in to use a wrench, Sockets like the screw driver tips might work. MIght be able to use bits from a tool set. Though you wouldn't get alot of leverage using it like a screw driver. Something that slides into to create a T.

I tend to think the screw driver wrench, bottle opener portion, is not very likely to be used.

Being able to screw pieces to create a full size shovel would be nice. Working on your knees or bent over is not fun.

For snow, I took full size snow/grain shovel. Drilled out rivets. Drilled holes bigger, sanded handle down to make it easier to slide in head. Then got bolt an wing nut. I first hand a pin, but it rattle loose. In snow country nice to have big head. But that is for snow mobiling, not atv.

I do have folding shovel on ATV. I hope I don't have to use the little bugger.
I forget what they're called but there is a pin with a wire spring that is shaped like 1/2 a circle. It clips over the end of the pin and pivots on a couple holes in the pin. Haven't lost one yet.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

The main thing is, I can still use it to hide the bodies.

Quick Reply: A perfect companion for wherever life takes you - Torxe Tactical Shovels!