ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Fishing! Salt & Fresh Water. Tackle, Bait. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/fishing-salt-fresh-water-tackle-bait/)
-   -   Branson Mo. ain't just Country Music! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/fishing-salt-fresh-water-tackle-bait/326400-branson-mo-aint-just-country-music.html)

Oldman800 04-23-2010 09:08 PM

Branson Mo. ain't just Country Music!

6 Attachment(s)
Here a few of the over 40 Rainbow I caught Wednesday and Thursday on Lake Taneycomo.
The largest two were just over 20" weighing just under 4 #, and over 23" weighing 7.25 #.
All the other fish were between 12 and 18 inches with a LOT of 13 to 15 inch "footballs".
All were released to fight again another day except 4 12-14 inch I kept for dinner.

Attachment 19303

Attachment 19304

Attachment 19305

Attachment 19306

Attachment 19307

Attachment 19308

igore67 04-26-2010 10:44 PM

Wow, those are some fat bows. Nice fish.

MrDumass 06-09-2010 02:26 PM

Hey...hey! Dont be telling everyone about one of the best kept secrets in Branson! ;) We go a few times a year. You should see some of the browns in that lake! :eek: Huge! I remember one time they were letting water out and these lil fingerling rainbows were floating by....the browns had a feast on em! I had nothing that looked like a lil bow...but I do now. ;) Good times, and good luck to all that go!

xFreebirdx 06-09-2010 03:01 PM

Nice Fish. ;)

Oldman800 06-10-2010 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by MrDumass (Post 2932566)
Hey...hey! Dont be telling everyone about one of the best kept secrets in Branson! ;) We go a few times a year. You should see some of the browns in that lake! :eek: Huge! I remember one time they were letting water out and these lil fingerling rainbows were floating by....the browns had a feast on em! I had nothing that looked like a lil bow...but I do now. ;) Good times, and good luck to all that go!

The Trout fishing there has never really been a secret. It's just this year has been the best it has been in over twenty years! I have been back since these were caught. No woppers like the two big ones, but plenty of action. I have heard that things are changing a little now. More down time on the generation, and a more regular schedule when they generate, but fishing has continued to be great. Going again at the end of the month, again later in July, and fishing a Tournament in late Augest. I hope it continues like this.
BTW MrDumass, where do you stay when you are there? I'm most often at Lilley's Landing. Great place, and wonderful people.

MrDumass 06-11-2010 09:37 AM

We usually stay at Cooper Creek in an RV my buddies parents have if its just us guys. When the family goes, we stay over in Branson at one of the hotels. I've seen Lillie's but have never stayed. I think we will try it out next time maybe. Thanks for the reminder about that place and good luck fishing!

Oldman800 06-11-2010 10:54 AM

You won't be disappointed at Lilley's. Nicest place on the lake, and really great people. I have been staying there for almost 20 years. Ever since I first fished the R.A.W. Tournament in February of 1991.
Bob