General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Attention hockey fans!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Used to play a bit before bad knees and back. Don't follow it too much but the Bruins just swept the Canadiens... Maybe I'll watch next round. It's been awhile.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Hey, at least you guys have a post season.

I played growing up too. It was a sport, not a business. Both the owners and the players made a poor business decisions by allowing the lock out to ever happen. They lost me as a fan, and more importantly, they lost a consumer who won't support their product. That not only includes games, but merchandise and and television. The profits from most all professional sports come from merchandising and tv contracts. I know my little bit won't have an affect, but I'll bet I'm not the only one that stopped doing those things too.
I know exactly what you mean. They went from a good ol' hockey leauge back in the 40's/50's to a giant buisness, that did make poor decisions. I don't know why anyone should be making 8 million dollars a season!

Old 04-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Used to play a bit before bad knees and back. Don't follow it too much but the Bruins just swept the Canadiens... Maybe I'll watch next round. It's been awhile.
Yeah, I graduated last year, and played high school hockey as a goalie, and screwed my left knee up really bad, and had to go to physical therapy, and I know it will never be as good as it used to be. That was a good round 1, watched all of the games, and Bruins played hard and good!

Old 04-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Range Rover

go sabres!!! but i havn't really watch them since rob ray retired.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Woohooo wings swept Columbus... Now to get ready for either the canucks or the ducks

Old 04-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer

GOOD JOB WINGS!!!! SWEPT IT!!! Columbus played hard, and sloppy, but the wings kept on moving every last second, litereally, with a tie breaking goal with 46.6 seconds left!!! Now we wait for the next round!

*My brother likes the flyers, but not before the wings, and he wanted me to say that Philadelphia won 3-0 against Pittsburgh lol.

Keep it up wings WOOOO!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

I was happy to see philly win another against the pens ( cuz they annoy the crap out of me every effin nhl commercial pretty much starts and ends with crosby... bleh) The ducks shutout the sharks, I was watching one of their games the other night and the sharks cant seem to get any puck flow into the ducks zone. They just dump and chase but by the time they get in the zone to chase it the ducks already have it back in their offensive zone.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:26 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Sidewinder500
I was happy to see philly win another against the pens ( cuz they annoy the crap out of me every effin nhl commercial pretty much starts and ends with crosby... bleh) The ducks shutout the sharks, I was watching one of their games the other night and the sharks cant seem to get any puck flow into the ducks zone. They just dump and chase but by the time they get in the zone to chase it the ducks already have it back in their offensive zone.
Yeah I was actually happy to see philly win too, may not look like it but I did. I don't know what it is about the pens, but I just don't care for them. It was a good game and I am glad philly is back in it, some what 3-2, and it would be nice for them to go to a game 7 and win the first round. I watched one of the sharks/ducks games because they are always on at 9:30 or 10:30 at night, and its hard to stay up and watch it, but I agree that the sharks just aren't getting any puck flow at all. Anaheim has been beating them to the puck almost all the time.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

First game of second round playoffs for the wings and they rocked it out with a 2-2 tie and scored a nice one against the ducks with 47 seconds left in the 3rd period! Keep up the good work wings!!! GO RED WINGS!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Range Rover

You'll all be so disappointed when the BOSTON BRUINS win the cup this year.

Of course, those that love hockey already love the Bruins.

That is all.

Quick Reply: Attention hockey fans!!!!