General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

ATV LED Strobe lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV LED Strobe lights

I bid on a pair of LED strobe lights and was wondering if they can hold up to mud and water? I've seen videos with ATV's sporting strobe lights, but always wondered if they are water proof. It comes with a control box, and the box would be mounted somewhere near handlebars, but the question is what if the box gets wet?

The item I bid on is under $20.00.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have several sets of the LED lights. The led strobes are not sealed.

I just removed the lens/cover and ran a thin bead of silicone sealer around the edges and reassembled.

I also sealed the control box with silicone, especially where the wiring exits the box.
The strobes I purchased were yellow for the front & rear of the KQ400--using them when plowing snow.

The control box for these lights is about 1.5" square, and the flashing pattern is determined by which wire you connect to the lights. This control box, other than the wiring exit, seems pretty sealed from the factory.

The other lights are red led strobes, and I'm using them on my motorcycles as an additional warning. The control box is much larger, and has unsealed push buttons to select the flash pattern. This control unit would need to be inside a sealed container, as I do not think there is any way you could seal the flash selector buttons.