ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Question about Polaris Owners (https://atvconnection.com/forums/general-chat/315098-question-about-polaris-owners.html)

Stoopidbot 07-07-2009 08:45 AM

Question about Polaris Owners

Why do Polaris owners talk like their machines are god's gift to the ATV world, yet they are the ones with the most "help me fix it" post. Not just this site but all of them, I always hear about them breaking but then the same owner will tell you until his face turns blue that he has the best quad ever.

What the deal? Almost as bad as Can am owners.

MooseHenden 07-07-2009 09:04 AM

Can't speak for anyone else, but our two PoPos have been excellent. We have about 1500 miles on both of them and most of those are slow going technical trails. Other than maintenance we've spent all of $80 on one small problem. They've done everything, gone everywhere, and been comfortable rides the whole time. Just my experience. I'm not brand loyal. I needed a 2 seater (wife doesn't want to drive an ATV) so I was limited to Arctic Cat, CanAm, and Polaris back in 2006. They all had strong points. Arctic Cat's ground clearance, CanAm's power, and Polaris comfort. What sold the Polaris for me was the 6 gallon gas tank for long rides, the on board storage, and the versatility of the dump box/2nd passenger seat on the X2. Nobody had/has a quad with greater versatility. When Yamaha or someone else comes out with a 2 seater with the versatility of the X2 I'll go look at it if I have the money to get a new one. I do like all the major manufacturers and each has strong points. For me, the Polaris met all my needs, so I am happy.

xFreebirdx 07-07-2009 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Stoopidbot (Post 2816841)
Almost as bad as Can am owners.

We are not. :(:o

scootergptx 07-07-2009 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Stoopidbot (Post 2816841)

What the deal? Almost as bad as Can am owners.

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx (Post 2816850)
We are not. :(:o

:lmao:

Stoopidbot 07-07-2009 09:14 AM

I wasn't trying to knock the machines. There are lemons from every MFG. I know a guy who had complete tranny failure after 3 weeks on his Honda.

I guess I was trying to ask where the attitude comes from. Freebird, you are one of the cool ones I have come across, but about 90% of the polaris owners I meet have this completely arrogant, My ride can do everything yours can do but better attitude. Then that same guy will tell you he can't go riding cause his machine is down.

Stoopidbot 07-07-2009 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by MooseHenden (Post 2816847)
Can't speak for anyone else, but our two PoPos have been excellent. We have about 1500 miles on both of them and most of those are slow going technical trails. Other than maintenance we've spent all of $80 on one small problem. They've done everything, gone everywhere, and been comfortable rides the whole time. Just my experience. I'm not brand loyal. I needed a 2 seater (wife doesn't want to drive an ATV) so I was limited to Arctic Cat, CanAm, and Polaris back in 2006. They all had strong points. Arctic Cat's ground clearance, CanAm's power, and Polaris comfort. What sold the Polaris for me was the 6 gallon gas tank for long rides, the on board storage, and the versatility of the dump box/2nd passenger seat on the X2. Nobody had/has a quad with greater versatility. When Yamaha or someone else comes out with a 2 seater with the versatility of the X2 I'll go look at it if I have the money to get a new one. I do like all the major manufacturers and each has strong points. For me, the Polaris met all my needs, so I am happy.

I have the same kind of attitude, I will ride what I like and is comfortable.

The 2 Popo owners that respond don't have the attitude...what the hell.LOL

scootergptx 07-07-2009 09:33 AM

I've got Polaris and CanAm.

I gotta go get me an attitude. :nod:

Honestly, it's probably my Kawasaki that's really a Suzuki that's causing me all the confusion. :p

scootergptx 07-07-2009 09:39 AM

Saw this ad on craigslist. That might explain a lot.

scrambler400enoge 07-07-2009 09:56 AM

We love them enough to live with the reliability issues. Plus they have a ride like a couch.:thumbsup:

xFreebirdx 07-07-2009 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Scootergptx (Post 2816884)
Saw this ad on craigslist. That might explain a lot.

LMFAO. :):lol: