General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

The Ultimate Trail Ride

Old 01-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Ultimate Trail Ride

Wouldn't it be neat if someone could find a way to do a trail ride from Maine to California? I know it would take several months but I'd be up for it. You'd need several sets of tires, money, oil, gas, brakes, food, water, shelter, misc. parts, and lots of stuff but count me in.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

well, there is a trail from canada to mexico. A trail from maine to cali. would be awsome too. i live in mo. and i had heard a couple years ago that we were going to get an atv/offroad trail across the state. if only all states would get together and connect trail to trail. Could you imagine, the ultimate off raod trail across the U.S.?

Old 01-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider

Where is the trail from Canada to Mexico? I'd be up for that too. Do you have any info on it? Is there a website?

Old 01-22-2010, 10:01 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by budedm
Where is the trail from Canada to Mexico? I'd be up for that too. Do you have any info on it? Is there a website?
There is a trail from Florida to Canada ,its called the I-75.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

ill try and find the trail. i know i seen it in an atv magazine and a couple rode it from start to finish. it starts in canada and ends in mexico. it took a few months and they camped and had gotten permission to go into cities to get gas,food,repairs,ect. in advance. if i remember correctly they used 2 polaris 800s and had a trailer to sleep in with thier supplies and switched the trailer every 1,000 miles to give each bike the same amount of wear and tear. i remember seeing them on an atv channel also. seemed pretty cool.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

ok, google: atv trail from canada to mexico. Click the link for quadtek.net, its called "the great western trail" . the whole ride they did from canada to cabo san lucas,mexico with pics.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

THIS is the ultimate trail ride......the BAM road in Russia. These guys are doing it on motorcycles but there are parts that only 6x6 trucks can go and river crossing with bridges out etc.....all in the Siberian wilderness. Check out the thread for more but here are some teaser pics.

The BAM Road - ultimate test of man and machine - ADVrider

These guys ride this old abandoned road that has been maintained forever and stop and stay in the small towns and villages with the people....this isnt some high dollar adventure ride complete with a truck behind them with parts and such. They camp out in abandoned buildings, stay in other people homes and when they break down the rely on rigging stuff and some Russian guy with a welder and bailing wire.....great read would be an under statement.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer

Aaronrkelly, thanks for the great find! That is an awesome read! These guys are truly hardcore riders. It took them over a month, if I read it right, to go over 4000km. And the main story teller had been out for 7 months solid riding all over Siberia. That is just amazing!

Reading the story also real opened up my eyes about the amazing people of Russia. Can you imagine how you would react if you saw 3 guys in muddy clothes on muddy motorcycles ride up to your house? Would you let them spend the night in your house? Would you even let them in your house? Would you stop what you were doing and spend hours helping out a total stranger? These people are amazing. I would never dream of attempting what these guys did, but it sure does make me want to visit Siberia!

Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Forget the ride I am more interested in the 6th pic from the bottom

Old 01-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 0010
Aaronrkelly, thanks for the great find! That is an awesome read! These guys are truly hardcore riders. It took them over a month, if I read it right, to go over 4000km. And the main story teller had been out for 7 months solid riding all over Siberia. That is just amazing!

Reading the story also real opened up my eyes about the amazing people of Russia. Can you imagine how you would react if you saw 3 guys in muddy clothes on muddy motorcycles ride up to your house? Would you let them spend the night in your house? Would you even let them in your house? Would you stop what you were doing and spend hours helping out a total stranger? These people are amazing. I would never dream of attempting what these guys did, but it sure does make me want to visit Siberia!
That is just one of a bunch of amazing ride reports Ive read as a member of that site. Just recently a guy rode a MOPED from south Australia to England......hitting all the good spots and living with the people. He left with only what he had on him......didnt even have any cycle gear, he was wearing tennis shoes and cargo pants. It was an EPIC adventure. Nathan was his name.....Dot was the mopeds name. Great story.....