General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Where is your ATV made?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 09:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Weird auto we have..Wifes' Saturn has a Honda 3.5 v6 made in Marion Ohio that was originally used in the Pilot and Acura Mdx.Gm made a swap with Honda for GMs 1.8 diesel engines for Chinese cars. Swap only lasted for 3 years. 2005,2006 and 2007. The body,frame was made in Springhill Tennesee. Plant was shut down after 2007 for awhile and now making Cadillacs and Acadias. Engine is fantastic,plastic body panels resist dents and scratches,but noisy. I won't have to look for another even if I wanted to since they are out of production same as the Pontiac and Oldsmobile.

We had a couple Saturn's. Good cars, but not luxurious by a long shot... I was bummed when they closed down.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:15 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never had a Saturn but it would have been nice if they survived. I knew some guys who went to work at the Saturn plant in Spring Hill, Tennessee because they knew the Grand Blanc, Michigan plant was in bad shape. It kept them working for maybe 7 extra years but GM closed a lot of plants all over the country. NAFTA sent 700,000 American manufacturing jobs to Mexico and we got diddly squat in return. Thankfully a lot of ATVs are still made here.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Arctic Cat 700 TRV was made in the USA. My AC 700 Diesel motor is a Kohler/Lombardini made in Italy, but the ATV is made in the USA. Both of my Rams are made in the USA, but the hemis are made in Mexico. Tried to buy an Ecodiesel Ram, couldn't find one. Now I'm glad I got another hemi. Getting 23 mpg: 2017 Bighorn 1500 QC 4X4 Where my 2005 only gets 16 mpg.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Back in the 80's I was screwed over terribly by Ford and swore I would never buy another. It seems no matter who you buy from it is becoming a crapshoot as to whether you will be treated fairly. My issue with Ford was my new car developed an engine knock and a loud enough noise that people at traffic lights would tell me to check my oil it was knocking so loud. Ford claimed it was normal. After 6 months of arguing they replaced the engine, then it happened again after another 3000 miles. I total my new car had 3 new engines, 1 transmission and 1 rear end replacement inside of 15 months and I had to go to arbitration for each problem. When I traded the car in ( 2 yrs old) the engine was knocking again so I lost money on the trade but just wanted the headache gone.
Kymco 450i, I bought a Toyota Tacoma with the same issue, sounded like a Cummins 12 valve. Dealer treated me like crap, driven Dodges ever since.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by hydrex
My Arctic Cat 700 TRV was made in the USA.

I always try to buy American made products.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:05 PM
Moto Psycho

I can't always find American made products so I was very happy to find these on amazon.com.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I don't carry enough coins to need one.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:17 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
I don't carry enough coins to need one.
I carry less than a dollar in change and no pennies but I have a hard time digging loose coins out of my pocket when I buy stuff. Especially before I finally found a belt pouch to fit my multi-tool. Everything that I have in my right front pocket was in the left front pocket with all the other stuff I carry there. I would be at the store saying things like wait a minute, I think I have enough change, if I can just get it out of my pocket. All the old coin pouches I had got really stiff after using them a long time. I was using one last year that I made in high school and it got stiff too.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I carry less than a dollar in change and no pennies but I have a hard time digging loose coins out of my pocket when I buy stuff. Especially before I finally found a belt pouch to fit my multi-tool. Everything that I have in my right front pocket was in the left front pocket with all the other stuff I carry there. I would be at the store saying things like wait a minute, I think I have enough change, if I can just get it out of my pocket. All the old coin pouches I had got really stiff after using them a long time. I was using one last year that I made in high school and it got stiff too.

I always leave change in a bowl. It adds up after a while

Old 09-15-2017, 11:47 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
I always leave change in a bowl. It adds up after a while
Every time I spend some cash when I get home I put all the pennies in a one gallon glass jug that originally had apple cider in it ages ago. When it's full I take it to the Coinstar machine. It holds over 5,000 pennies and I've only emptied it twice so far as I can recall, maybe once a decade. If I have more than a dollar in change left I spend as much of it as I can when I go to the store again. I have about 80 cents in my pocket compared to my mom who has a couple of pounds of change in her purse. Man oh man, did this thread ever drift.

Quick Reply: Where is your ATV made?